• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice name of a village

That's what I found on a German- webpage comparable to google

http://magazine.web.de/de/themen/lif...3484VPUxb.html

(this is no fake!!)

Summary of the text:

This sign is the sign at the entrance of the Village of ****ing in Oberoesterreich (In the township of Tarsdorf in the County of Branau am Inn in Austria).
    100 people do live there.
    A lot of tourists, especially from english speaking countries, are visiting ****ing.
    The people of ****ing do have a big problem:
    This signs r stolen again and again...
    Now these signs have to be welded, concreded or riveted.
    Last edited by thomas26; 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM.
    International Police Exchange Programs

well apparently that site is opposed to the sign as well. Nothing happens when I click the link...
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

I assume this is the village of "urine"?
      "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
      Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
      Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Ahhhh thanks for filling in the 4 letter blank. I was up to several possibilities including

urine
        feces
        fornication
        and
        H-E-double hockey sticks

Kieth M.

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Now the link will work.
          The name of the town was blanked.
          Last edited by thomas26; 08-01-2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

The village is known to have existed as "F***ing" since at least 1070 and is named after a man from the 6th century called Focko. "-ing" is an old Germanic suffix indicating the people of the root word to which it is attached; thus F***ing means "(place of) Focko’s people."[4] The village has a population of 104.

F***ing's most famous feature is a traffic sign with its name on it, beside which tourists often stop to have their photograph taken. It is a commonly stolen street sign.[5] Significant public funds have been spent on replacing the stolen signs.[6]

In 2004, mainly due to the stolen signs, a vote was held on changing the village's name, but the residents voted against doing so.[4] In August 2005, the road signs were replaced with theft-resistant signs welded to steel and secured in concrete to prevent further chances of the sign being stolen.[6] Few thefts have since occurred, but remain a problem.

^^ From Wikipedia.
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the local LEOs have any patches to trade?

I would pay SERIOUS $$$$$ for one....hahahha
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

LOL!
                For every one hundred men you send us,
                Ten should not even be here.
                Eighty are nothing but targets.
                Nine of them are real fighters;
                We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Not as good as the aforementioned name, but there's a Climax, PA & Intercourse, PA.
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Don't forget Blue Ball, PA

*snicker* sounds likes those in charge of naming the towns only had one thing on THEIR minds...

Kieth M.

Comment

There is a street a block from my apartment called Lickinghole Rd.
                      And try keeping a straight face getting dispatched to Pusey Ln.
                      I just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane_medic View Post
                        lol

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

LOL! I can here it now...

"Oh no, the F***ing cops are here!"
                          Wis Statute 947.01: Disorderly Conduct - Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in behavior that is violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud, or otherwise acts like a ****ing idiot, is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

Comment

I know in Kentucky they have Big Bone Lick state park
                            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane_medic View Post
                              We have a street called Dilido..... it get mispronounced often.
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                              and I'm not sure about the former.
                              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4332 users online. 253 members and 4079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X