300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you make of this

I have a friend who lives in Dothan, AL. Long story short, on the way home from the bar he got pulled over for a head light being out. Its about 3am. The last drink he had was at midnight. The officer did not perform field sobriety or ask for a breath sample. The officer arrested and charged him with DUI. Once he got to the jail, they did not ask for a breath sample either. He went to court and explained it all to the traffic judge and the judge said the charges stood. He has hired an attorney and is going to go to a jury trial. Please tell me what yall make of this and if you think the charges are bad and if he has a chance at the jury trial.

I'm guessing he refused. Never know what will happen in court. maybe he should think about a Designated driver or a cab.............
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Was the stop videotaped?
      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

You don't have to have SFST. Sounds like your friends refused the intox. What do I think about this? I think the Officer obviously had PC for the arrest and the judge upheld it. Don't drink and drive.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I stated in the post, "The officer did not perform field sobriety or ask for a breath sample." He was never offered intox. I am not sure if the stop was video taped. I am an officer in GA and I am asking this here because maybe AL DUI law in different.

Comment

Perhaps he only told you enough of the story to make himself sound like a victim?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4864 users online. 325 members and 4539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X