Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the <bleep> is this?!

Monster thing...

Some believe it to be a partially decayed dog. I say it's not. The skull (more specifically the "beak") is not indicative of any canine species I've ever heard of.

Some say it's a turtle... without it's shell. Again, I say no way. Turtles can't be without their shell. Those people must watch too many cartoons.

Feline species? Nope.

Lagomorph (cute little bunnies)? No way.

This website mentions that it's possibly a raccoon with it's lower jaw missing. Uh... no.

Raccoon Skull:

I don't see any resemblance... the lower jaw of this animal seems to be intact.

I'm going to say it's some somewhere in the rodent family. There's no scale for reference, so who knows how big this thing is.

I also wanted to say a capybara, but there's no way the ocean currents could have brought it from South America to New York...

I'm running out of ideas. So... what do you folks think it is???
    sigpic

Yeah a raccoon looks like the best guess IMO.

When they examine the bone structure they will get a much better idea.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Hard to tell without a ruler to determine it's size.

Front paws kind of look like a racoons...is that a nail at the end?

I say dog. The tip (that looks like a beak) was his nose that has decomposed or rubbed off with the tide. It looks like part of a leash is wrapped around his right arm.

Turtles don't have hind quarters.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Its a chupacabra
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

How far is Montauk from Hyannis? Have all the Kennedy's been accounted for?
          "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Turtles don't have teeth.
            http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Secret government genetic experiment.

Comment

One of the Jersey Devil's babies.

Comment

I say a nice nasty bloated racoon. The eyes are popped out and the skull looks close enough. Looks like it may be missing some teeth on the upper jaw. Hard to tell with the photo and no scale for reference, closeups etc.
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I'm thinking either a french bulldog skull or a badger... bulldogs have that short snout but HUGE jaws... by the size of that jawbone i'd say there had to be some pretty big muscles attached.

but what do i know? im just a lowly patrolman.
                    "You are charging me with a third DUI? What are they going to do to me? Send me to jail and take away my cocktail fruit?"

Remember: a coffin is much hotter than your vest!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by drewes View Post
                        I'm thinking either a french bulldog skull or a badger... bulldogs have that short snout but HUGE jaws... by the size of that jawbone i'd say there had to be some pretty big muscles attached.

but what do i know? im just a lowly patrolman.
                        French Bulldog:

Badger:

To me, neither of those match up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Its a R.O.U.S
                          Pro Deo et Patria

Comment

It's a NYC rat!

Comment

Its a R.O.U.S
                              You get like a 100 million cool points for that answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 277 members and 4473 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X