300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Part Deux

I came across this and am not sure if this was laready posted, but it struck a nerve with me considering it is on an official presidential site. This article is from Police Link:

PoliceLink learned today that Barack Obama’s official presidential campaign website has published a blog specifically targeting PoliceLink and accusing all law enforcement members of PoliceLink of being ‘narcissistic’ and making the lives of all citizens a ‘living hell.’ The blog’s author continues by accusing law enforcement officers who have differing opinions from citizens as being bullies and states that bullying “on the internet … is a crime.”

As you’ll recall, Obama’s paid campaign staff had the audacity to place porta-potties directly atop the Portland Police Memorial shortly after National Peace Officers Memorial Day to accommodate an Obama campaign rally. PoliceLink was the only law enforcement news site to run an article about this atrocity, and I imagine it is because of this that we have become the target of Obama’s campaign.

Before we published the original article and photographs about the rally we contacted the Obama campaign’s media relations office for comment. We received no response. We again contacted them two additional times offering to publish whatever response they provided. Two more times we received no response.

Being that this blog posting attacking and belittling all law enforcement officers is published on the official Obama campaign website we can only infer that it has been officially endorsed, or at a minimum tolerated, by the Obama campaign.

I sincerely hope this is not the stance a presidential candidate would take in regards to the protectors of America’s freedoms.

I intend to contact the campaign and inquire about this article they have published. I expect to receive no response.

Here is a link that was posted
    http://www.policelink.com/news_feeds...ost/kde/gGx4qn
    Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Page is gone.
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yeah, but Barack Hussein Obama (not Osama) isn't.
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
        Yeah, but Barack Hussein Obama (not Osama) isn't.
        Trooper... I love the tagline man. American-American... perfect.

Comment

My little politcal statement. I never seem to make one, y'know?
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

<----- stretches.... *yawn* *snore*

Comment

update posted on policelink:

Update: 12:45 pm EST

I want to post this clarification so that there is no confusion about the origins of the anti-police blog posting on the Obama website. The blog posted on the Obama campaign website is not an official statement of the Obama Campaign. Just like on PoliceLink, any visitors to the Obama website can create their own postings and express their opinions.

The my.BarrackObama website does include this disclaimer: “Content on blogs in My.BarackObama represents the opinions of community members and in no way should be interpreted as endorsed or approved by the campaign.”

What I am interested in seeing in regards to the blog, however, is what official statement the Obama Campaign is willing to make, either denouncing it or supporting the views within.

As I previously stated, I have asked the campaign for an official statement. If they indeed provide a response we will publish it in its entirety on PoliceLink.
              Last edited by rubyrose; 07-30-2008, 01:14 AM.
              Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
              Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
              A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

And yet, there is no response from Obamas camp, interesting indeed!!!
                Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

Originally posted by vacop4274 View Post
                  And yet, there is no response from Obamas camp, interesting indeed!!!
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6365 users online. 341 members and 6024 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X