300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal detecting

A few weeks ago ,I had occasion to try to find a handgun in a heavily weeded area,and wished I had a metal detector.I have often thought of getting one for fun,and now I see where it could be useful at work also.Anyone have any expierience with them,I dont want to plunk down a whole lot,maybe a hundred or so.Any input would be appreciated.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

I do a lot of detecting for fun and I have used my personal machine to find a homicide bullet as well. The good news is that for finding guns and bullets you don't need an expensive machine. I would go with a machine that had local support in the way of a dealer or two. And stay away from the ultra cheapies- to keep from going crazy your machine needs to be able to tune out highly mineralized ground and still detect metal objects in it. The $150 to $200 range will be more than enough for work and adequate to have fun with.
    I used to laugh at the old fogies swinging their machines back and forth and sifting sand at the beach.
    Then I bought one for my dad when he retired.
    Then I bought one for myself.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered this one Tues.and it got here Wed.(they hadn't even e-mailed my tracking number yet) so I am impressed with the service.It has aotomatic ground sensing and such,very light,and so far seems to be good.Havent had much time to play with it yet.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/boun...asttracker.htm
      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

That's the exact one my department bought for me after they found out I used my own to find an evidence bullet. It will work fine for you; just practice with different known targets and see how the machine reacts at different settings.

Comment

I thought I'd wait until I'm at least 75 years old, so that I can use it in parks and on the beach, very early in the morning, dressed in fugly clothes. And I will drive there way too slowly, so that I can stop and pick up cans along the way just to claim the deposit, even though it annoys all the other drivers.

If I see you working my beach, I'll confront you.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6317 users online. 352 members and 5965 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X