300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear?

What was a fear that you overcame, or want to overcome?...I want to overcome my fear of snakes...I know it's silly...
    sigpic

I can have my uncle take you rattlesnake hunting!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
      What was a fear that you overcame, or want to overcome?...I want to overcome my fear of snakes...I know it's silly...
      A fear of snakes is not silly, it's prudent. Snakes can kill you man.

Now my fear of clowns, that's another story.
      Oh, and rectangles. I'm afraid of rectangles too.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

well...
        I have a very deep fear of cockroaches. may seem silly to some, but let me tell ya...I will go pale and almost faint .....

thats not silly. thats fear.
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

A fear of snakes is not silly, it's prudent. Snakes can kill you man.

Now my fear of clowns, that's another story.
          Oh, and rectangles. I'm afraid of rectangles too.
          Yeah, if bitten you can die within half an hour...I just don't want to run off screaming like a girl when I see one...I'm not trying to chase after them, or have one as a pet...

Not a snake but similar reaction...
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9kJKNu7G0&feature=related

I always like clowns the ones w/ scary make-up are the coolest...
          My advice go to the circus and dress like one,or maybe for Halloween...Clowns are the best...

Mrc27 I'll pass for now...Thanks...
          Last edited by Southflaguy; 07-25-2008, 10:19 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Well you won't be seeing me EVER and I do mean ever getting into a cage with a Great White Shark! I'd rather be shot a 100 times then to be swimming near a shark.
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Well, up until about two weeks ago I had two. One of them was water, as in anything deeper than 4 ft. or so, but I recently overcame that when I learned to swim.

The one I still have... I guess it's big roller coasters. A lot of my friends like to go to Cedar Point regularly and I never go because I know I won't go on any of the rides.

Comment

I had a fear, sort of, of rollercoasters, well actually I get motion sick used to anyway and finally got over it when we took the kids to WDW went on Thunder Mountain Railroad. I was so freaked out because I was so much taller than everyone there I thought for sure that I was going to hit my head on part of the ride, or have my head removed completely !!!!! If it wasn't for my kids I probably never would have gone on one at all.
                Just your friendly neighborhood cable guy.

Comment

Heights bug me, but I can manage. Outside of that, my fears arent silly, theyre perfectly reasonable.

I used to be afraid of roller coasters that looped. That was cured when I went on one of those ones thats indoors and cant be seen. Turns out its basically a ball of track, with all kinds of loops and such. Lots of fun!!!!
                  "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                  Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                  Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

have a very deep fear of cockroaches. may seem silly to some, but let me tell ya...I will go pale and almost faint ..
                    I have that same fear. I will scream bloody murder and almost puke if i see one.

My fear that I overcame: I was terrified of the dark all my life, and slept with my lights on right up into my early 20's. I finally decided to overcome it because I was getting tired at work a lot and someone explained that it's important to have darkness while you sleep (it prompts your body to produce melatonin which in turns makes you feel more rested when you wake.)

I'm also deathly scared of heights and don't ride rollercoasters at ALL because of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                      I just don't want to run off screaming like a girl when I see one...I'm not trying to chase after them, or have one as a pet...
                      I will proudly admit the last time I saw one unexpected, I did just that. Ran down the street jumping as high as I could and screaming like a girly man.

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                        I will proudly admit the last time I saw one unexpected, I did just that. Ran down the street jumping as high as I could and screaming like a girly man.
                        Yeah man, as cool as I'm it's not a good look...*pops collar*...*brushes shoulders*...

Are you trying (or will you try) to get over the fear of snakes CityCopDC?...
                        sigpic

Comment

I would have to say my biggest fears are heights and being alone again and I dont mean just not having someone around me but totaly being alone
                          Lawdog TCSO
                          In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
                          well daisy if you do

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                            Too funny...

i am scared of spiders. I mean irrationally, pathetically terrified of them. Today leaving for work, in uniform, there was a good sized spider on my door as I was about to lock it. I jumped about 3 feet back and let out a half scream. Then quickly looked around to make sure there was no one to see it. There wasn't thankfully!

And yes, I did laugh at myself after.
                            Last edited by icecoldblueyes; 07-26-2008, 10:39 PM.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                            and I'm not sure about the former.
                            -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I got into the submarine ride at Disneyland and freaked out when they closed the hatch. I made them let me out. Until then, I didn't know I had a fear of small, enclosed spaces.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4908 users online. 264 members and 4644 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X