300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I join a message board

I take the time to get myself all settled in and nice and comfy. I'm even exchanging PMs with someone about wonderful apple recipes.

Then Monday night Hades breaks lose.

Tornadoes (both official and unofficial), lightening, 80mph winds, downed everything, twisted metal roof, split poles, lines across state roads, and pretty much no way to get anywhere.

And no power which means
    No coffee.
    No message board.
    No coffee.
    No milking machine.
    No coffee.
    No canning.
    No hot showers.
    No coffee.

Did I mention a distinct lack of coffee?

We got power back today finally.

Now for the real qestion. Did anyone miss me or notice a distinct absence from the board?
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

That storm was crazy, even what we got here in Ohio. I had to run out to my car at 3 AM (it's worst point) to get some stuff and was drenched after only about 15 seconds outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
      I take the time to get myself all settled in and nice and comfy. I'm even exchanging PMs with someone about wonderful apple recipes.

Then Monday night Hades breaks lose.

Tornadoes (both official and unofficial), lightening, 80mph winds, downed everything, twisted metal roof, split poles, lines across state roads, and pretty much no way to get anywhere.

And no power which means
      No coffee.
      No message board.
      No coffee.
      No milking machine.
      No coffee.
      No canning.
      No hot showers.
      No coffee.

Did I mention a distinct lack of coffee?

We got power back today finally.

Now for the real qestion. Did anyone miss me or notice a distinct absence from the board?
      No Coffee I figured you would have a old perqulator that you used over a fire
      Lawdog TCSO
      In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
      well daisy if you do

Comment

Unfortunantly, the camping pot is MIA.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Got to have a good perc. For coffee. I keep a couple around. One for the house the other for hunting camp
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I missed ya.,
            I also love perc'ed coffee. sorry, but for me its the BEST way to make coffee.

BTW- I have some coffee - want a mug? they are extra large.
            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

Sure. Thanks.

By teh way, I got a huge pan of apple cobbler and peach cobbler made, 7 jars of canned apple pie filling, 20 jars of peach pie filling, and still have about half a bushel of peaches in the fridge waiting to be eaten or canned.

Comment

Sure. Thanks.

By teh way, I got a huge pan of apple cobbler and peach cobbler made, 7 jars of canned apple pie filling, 20 jars of peach pie filling, and still have about half a bushel of peaches in the fridge waiting to be eaten or canned.
                yumm send some my way and ill take some milk also and not goats milk either
                Lawdog TCSO
                In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
                well daisy if you do

Comment

Sorry. Goats milk is the only milk we have. Bethany (my 3 year old) is allergic to cow milk.

How about some farm fresh eggs instead?

Comment

Is your daughter allergic to all dairy or just cow milk, my youngest is allergic to all dairy. It is so hard especially in the summer time when the other two want ice cream and the baby has to have a Popsicle or rice dream ice cream (rice milk).
                    Just your friendly neighborhood cable guy.

Comment

Cow milk. More specifically, the homogenization(sp?) process. It changes the protein structure and that is what causes the allergy.

She thrives on raw goat milk (what we have thanks to a few "ladies" in our backyard. She has also successfully had raw cow milk and had no problems. But I am not up to milking a cow and we have no room for a cow. Plus goat meat is healthier than cow meat. And goat milk is closer to human milk than cow milk ever could be.

Have you tried your baby on goat milk? And not the vile canned stuff in a grocery store. No one should be subjected to that!

Comment

Originally posted by cblguy29 View Post
                        Is your daughter allergic to all dairy or just cow milk, my youngest is allergic to all dairy. It is so hard especially in the summer time when the other two want ice cream and the baby has to have a Popsicle or rice dream ice cream (rice milk).
                        Tofutti ice cream is a good sub although somewhat expensive and Silk or 8th Continent soy milk. My boy prefers it.

Comment

Cow milk. More specifically, the homogenization(sp?) process. It changes the protein structure and that is what causes the allergy.

She thrives on raw goat milk (what we have thanks to a few "ladies" in our backyard. She has also successfully had raw cow milk and had no problems. But I am not up to milking a cow and we have no room for a cow. Plus goat meat is healthier than cow meat. And goat milk is closer to human milk than cow milk ever could be.

Have you tried your baby on goat milk? And not the vile canned stuff in a grocery store. No one should be subjected to that!
                          Yeah we even tried goats milk and it made her lips swell and eyes red and itchy and got hives all over.....so yeah we stay away from milk period for her. She only can handle Rice milk.

Comment

Originally posted by katseiye View Post
                            Tofutti ice cream is a good sub although somewhat expensive and Silk or 8th Continent soy milk. My boy prefers it.
                            My wife didn't want to give her soy milk for some reason and she took to rice milk so we stayed with that.
                            Last edited by cblguy29; 07-27-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog30 View Post
                              No Coffee I figured you would have a old perqulator that you used over a fire
                              LOL
                              ~S~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5788 users online. 316 members and 5472 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X