300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool vehicles

Mrs. M-11, M-11 Jr and I will be rotating from our home in Okinawa back to the states this November. We already have a Jeep Cherokee in storage that we will be picking up and driving to our new home (Undetermined as of yet) and we are planning on getting another vehicle…

We want to get something old, tough and cool. So far we have been looking at 60’s and 70’s Bronco’s, International Scouts, and old FJ Land Cruisers and Willy’s Jeeps. We have even kicked around the idea of a VW Thing. Are there any cool older vehicles with some character we are forgetting about?

I don’t care about Mileage as long as I don’t have a car payment, I’m handy with a wrench, and I married a woman who knows how to Weld and prep bodywork (Don’t ask)

Any suggestions?

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

my two favorite (4 wheeled) vehicles

1932 Ford 5 window

1954 Chevy Bel Air 2 Door

“Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

Comment

Very nice, But I guess I need to Caveat with I would like to be able to beat the car like a borrowed mule and not feel too bad about it.

These cars are far to nice.

M-11
      “All men dream...... But not equally..
      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

I've been fairly partial to GM products over the last 12 years or so. If you want something you can really ride hard and put away wet, how about finding a retired M1009? Or if you like carpet and air conditioning, look at the civilian equivalent K5 blazer.

Comment

Bel air would make a good old hot rod!

We want to get something old, tough and cool
          Look no further

Comment

I'd get an old Toyota FJ 60. Those things are workhorses, and true off-road beasts. Plus, there is a lot of aftermarket parts support for them as well.

Comment

Here this has room for you and your family. They're really safe, but they roll over easily.. oh and this kind comes with something to help you with the groceries!

Something old tough and cool?

Comment

I can only say from personal experience that an International Scout rear windows are not strong enough to fire a M2 50cal belt fed out the back to stay out of the rain, the side windows can not hold the pressure of the blast.

Comment

Love the E-body broncos. Don't forget the CJ-5 and CJ-7 for jeeps they are pretty cool and still have the old school look.

My beater

Pretty tough

I would love to build one of these but I can build two jeeps for one of these. Plus I would be afraid to beat it once I built it.

Last edited by Monkeybomb; 07-23-2008, 07:33 PM.
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

You know, as an automotive enthusiast (and a GM fan), I would recommend the 1991 GMC Syclone or Typhoon:

4.3L Turbo V6 with AWD. It can be a BEAST!

Comment

K-5 blazers....
                      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Chevy II's.

Buick Grand National. Those are pretty nice though, I would feel bad about hurting one.

Ah well... I'm making plans to get a Jeep Wrangler.

Comment

I'll play. Here is my 1970 Chevy Nova SS. It has a 396, 4 speed,12 bolt posi rear. Screw high gas prices, American big block power rocks.

Life is a contact sport, play hard

Comment

although i love the pics of the muscle, im pretty sure m-11 was meaning an suv of some type that was tough and reliable..

Blazer

Bronco, 1st, 2nd gen or any year fullsize.

Toyota Landcruiser (any year)

Ford Ranger 4x4...90 and later

Sport Trac, i love mine, 4x4 and goes off road nicely with just some good tires..
                            Attached Files
                            In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Scouts rock! The downside is parts are tougher and tougher to come by and each one, especially in the early years, is a frankenstein of parts. I had a 1971, and five different automatic transmissions were available, sourced from GM, Chrysler, and Borg-Warner. Figuring out what you've got is the first step to working on it.

Jeep or Bronco if you want easy to get parts and aftermarket accessories and don't mind being one of everybody else.

50's Dodge PowerWagon if you want to be really different and are willing to invest the time and money.

I miss you, Dave.
                              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3599 users online. 225 members and 3374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X