300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen delivers drug laced cookies to police in texas

The full story is on the home page. I read it and couldn't believe it. Why do people do such aweful things? It makes it hard for those of us who really support the police unable to do nice things.

For example: I go to another police site and one of the officers there is a mounted police officer and we got to discussing his horses (I am a horse lover but admit to not knowing much about them) anyway I decided to make a plaque and paint a statue of his favorite mount that he had. He sent me a picture in a pm. Anyways I wanted to glue the horse to the plaque and have "Dedicated to the mounted unit of (fill in his pd)" but I do not know what pd he works for. Sooo I PM'd him and asked him if I could send it to him and he said after careful deliberation and the vagaries of the internet he politely declined. (my words as I can't remember his exact wording but he did say he deliberated and something about the nature of the internet) I totally understand his decision and all but I am still sad as he has given me good advice and I wanted to do something special for him and his fellow mounted officers. He suggested that I give it to a local pd that has a mounted unit. I checked the only local pd website that I know used to have a mounted unit but I don't think they do anymore. I emailed them anyway but don't have my hopes up.

Anyway my point is there are people like me out here who like to do nice things for the police and yes I have thought about baking cookies and such, however I also know that for the above stated reason (drugs in cookies) most if not all police will not eat anything not made from someone they know or in a (manufactured) package or delivered by a restaurant of some kind ( I know this cause I ordered 5 party size pizzas for local pd on Christmas eve a few years ago and had them delivered).

I just like to do random acts of kindness and because the police have helped me so much in the past I tend to want to do special things for them. And it really P's me off that there are people out there who do such things as the above mentioned who screw it up for the rest of us.
    Its not the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop, its the PERSON behind the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop.

Officer August "Augie" Tefts, Westfield MA PD EOW 12/23/05
    He was a great officer and is sadly missed

sigpic

Detective Paul McNulty, Springfield MA PD retired passed away 10/8/07

they want to "get by" doing something, however..most cops never eat anything donated or that they dont see made / cook for them.

I don't, but then again I am not LE< I just work with criminals.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

I cant believe he was 'delivering' them, and didnt expect to get caught

Comment

im surprised someone who cooks for the Officers dining halls hasnt done this , I know some of them don't have spotless records

Comment

somebody jumped the gun,cookies tested no drugs in them

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3985 users online. 193 members and 3792 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X