• Show
Clear All

• Birth Order

What are you?

Oldest?
    Middle?
    Youngest?
    Only?

(Might be hard to answer if you're from a blended family...)

I'm a middle child.
    Oldest
    36.23%
    Middle
    17.39%
    Youngest
    36.23%
    Only
    10.14%
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

I am the only but not by choice. My folks were going to adopt when they found I was coming.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I'm the oldest. I have two younger sisters.

Comment

Youngest...
        sigpic

Comment

Traits that best describe each birth order:

First: perfectionist; reliable; conscientious; list maker; well organized; hard driving; natural leader; critical; serious; scholarly; logical; doesn't like surprises; loves computers.

Middle: mediator; compromising; diplomatic; avoids conflict; independent; loyal to peers; many friends; a maverick; secretive; unspoiled.

Youngest: manipulative; charming; blames others; attention seeker; tenacious; people person; natural salesperson; precocious; engaging; affectionate; loves surprises.

Only: little adult by age seven; very thorough; deliberate; high achiever; self-motivated; fearful; cautious; voracious reader; black & white thinker; uses "very," "extremely," "exactly" a lot; can't bear to fail; has very high expectations for self; more comfortable with people who are older or younger

They are pretty accurate when comparing to my family.
          Last edited by mrc27; 07-05-2008, 12:10 AM.
          Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Middle Child
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Technically, I am the youngest. However, I might as well be an only child.
              Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                Technically, I am the youngest. However, I might as well be an only child.
                A birth order rule of thumb: if there is a 5-6 year gap, the next child starts a "new family." So your correct with what you say.

My brother is a year older than I & my sister is 3 years younger. We fit the first, middle & youngest traits. My younger brother is 7 years younger than my sister & he fits the only child traits.

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose
                  I am 2nd of 5, and the oldest girl (with an irresponsible older brother), so this doesn't quite fit. My characteristics are mixed with middle and oldest, with more of the oldest traits. But I am definitely NOT well-organized!
                  I'm a first born female, so I have a lot of first born traits as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc27 View Post
                    A birth order rule of thumb: if there is a 5-6 year gap, the next child starts a "new family." So your correct with what you say.
                    Can't say I have ever heard of that "rule," nor was it what I was referring to. I've only met one of my sisters twice, that I barely remember, and my other sister I haven't seen in like 8 years, which is perfectly fine by me.
                    Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                      Can't say I have ever heard of that "rule," nor was it what I was referring to. I've only met one of my sisters twice, that I barely remember, and my other sister I haven't seen in like 8 years, which is perfectly fine by me.
                      I've read books on the subject & that's where I've got that from.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc27 View Post
                        First: perfectionist; reliable; conscientious; list maker; well organized; hard driving; natural leader; critical; serious; scholarly; logical; doesn't like surprises; loves computers.
                        Almost, except I love surprises!
                        sigpic

Comment

Im the first but according to your list I have more triats of the middle. I have 2 younger sisters.
                          What Is A Veteran?
                          A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

I'm a twin. I'm the good twin.

Beyond that I have two older brothers and two younger sisters.
                            "If you have to justify to yourself, or others why what you're doing isn't wrong; it is."

Comment

only child here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 118 members and 2839 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X