No announcement yet.

What was the first "real" concert you attended?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the first "real" concert you attended?

Mine was Queen and Billy Squire at the Philadelphia Spectrum in 1981. I was 15. Great show. That was my first real concert.

Now, I say real concert for a reason. I mean, if you walked into a bar for a beer and and old washed up band like Toto was playing, I wouldn't count that. So, because I saw Andy Gibb at Six Flags in 1979, that doesn't count. I was really there for the rides.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

I saw Tesla and Poison
    didn't care for Poision, but Tesla was great.

Not sure when the date was, It was in the late 80's

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

about 7-8 years ago I saw Styx live with Bad Company and someone else I can't think of now.
      2 months later saw them again (bought my parents tickets but my mom was sick so I went with my dad instead)

It was a year and a half ago when I saw Hinder at the Salt Palace.

First one was REO Speedwagon. I think I was around 10-12 years old, and left with a contact buzz.
          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Molly Hatchet around 1980 or so.

the Fugees... I was 15, i think. lol...

Originally posted by Presence View Post
                the Fugees... I was 15, i think. lol...
                You were 15? That must have been, what, a couple years ago? I didn't think the Fugees were still touring then.

Alabama. Twentieth Century Tour. Erie County Fair. 1999.
                Last edited by hxd; 05-23-2008, 10:39 AM.

Rolling Stones in 1997

The Moody Blues in 97. Awesome show.
                    For every one hundred men you send us,
                    Ten should not even be here.
                    Eighty are nothing but targets.
                    Nine of them are real fighters;
                    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                    And he will bring the others back.

Kiss, last year before they took the makeup off. I was 14 or 15 in Sioux City IA. They cracked the ceiling of the auditorium.
                      A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Todd Rundgren's Utopia, Santa Monica Civic Center, 1977, on a Friday Night during the Academy....I smelled of a certain green-leafy plant substance that did not quite conform with my academy haircut.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Best concert/first all out real concert (tailgating!) X-Fest 2003:

Staind, Evanescence, Godsmack, Seether

Also: Punchline, The Donnas, The Juliana Theory, The Used, Breaking Benjamin, Eve 6, 12 Stones, Taproot, Trapt, Smile Empty Soul
                          Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                            So, because I saw Andy Gibb at Six Flags in 1979, that doesn't count. I was really there for the rides.
                            haha... you too? Except back then it was still Great Adventure.

First concert was Eric Clapton in 1983, I think, I was 13. Went with a friends and her older sister, didn't know many songs, but it was a great show.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                            and I'm not sure about the former.
                            -Albert Einstein

My first was Elton John on his "Yellow Brick Road" tour. Maybe 1976?

What's Going On

There are currently 4194 users online. 186 members and 4008 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad