Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any "sworn officers" involved in competition shooting sports?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are any "sworn officers" involved in competition shooting sports?

I tried USPSA competition shooting last year and will try IDPA this season. I only saw one officer (he used his duty gear) at the matches. Do any fulltime officers participate in the shooting sports?
    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

I will sometimes go to IDPA....more for the practice than anything....the only real competition stuff I go to is trap, skeet, ect....not that I am any good....just fun to go to
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I shoot regularly with LEO at IDPA. What I find rather scary is how often I beat them.

The Marlboro Man award regularly has a home in one particular awfulcer's home. (Dig Dig)

Comment

Originally posted by Marky Mark
        ...stunned at my first IDPA match by how accurate and fast the more serious competitors were compared to me.
        I discovered that as well in USPSA. Unfortunately, some of those shooters (who make fun of cop shooting scores) are never tested in police shooting scenario's. Competition shooting is fast. But simply putting holes in cardboard, differs quite abit as we LEO's know when tested in shoot or don't shoot the suspect(s). I wish I discovered the sport when I was in my twenties. Poor eyesight and slower reflexes certainly work against one who competes in a sport built for speed and accuracy.
        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

I used to shoot competetive pre LE and early LE, but I really don't seem to have the time now with everything that I have going on. I have been teaching for years, mostly LE nowadays and I am always the first to admit that quite a bit of LE instruction is behind the curve. Many departments are stuck in a time warp for several reasons. Our guys try to stay progressive and take good info from whatever venue, civillian or LE which is not necessarily the norm.

There are a few LE competetive shooters around here but the fact is that the greater majority of LEO's are not gun enthusiasts to the point that they wish to compete. For work, I shoot 2-3 days per week, sometimes more and quite frankly with 2 small kids and other family activities I just don't have the time or desire right now to do it outside of work.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3698 users online. 256 members and 3442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X