300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Bad American...

Sorry if this is a repeat post. I just got this in an e-mail and thought it was pretty dang accurate. It's from George Carlin:

I Am Your Worst Nightmare.

I am a BAD American.

I am George Carlin.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!

I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way!

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.

I don't hate the rich.

I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time watching or arguing about it.

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you!

So, shut up already.

I believe if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from and change your own country!

This is AMERICA.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution.

Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry rear if you're running from them..

I also think they have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

..and, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good..... and I'm proud that 'God' is written on my money.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me stuff or trying to guilt me into making 'donations' to their cause.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

..and what is going on with gas prices... again?

I believe 'illegal' is illegal no matter what the lawyers think.

I believe the American flag should be the only one allowed in AMERICA!

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

FYI- George Carlin didn't write it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlin.asp
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop View Post
      FYI- George Carlin didn't write it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlin.asp
      He may have not said it, but it sounds so much sweeter when you picture him standing on stage ranting this thing out!
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Lol, Carlin is one of my favorite comedians and you could tell that he obviously didn't write that...

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
          He may have not said it, but it sounds so much sweeter when you picture him standing on stage ranting this thing out!
          There is a much longer version on the link I provided.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Some of those I agree with others not so much.

The one about praying anywhere anytime. I don't need someone yelling hallejuh or praise me allah or chanting to budda while I'm in a restraunt eating with my friends. I wanted a relgious exsperince I'd go to a holy place.

The speak english part I agree with 100%, I've had a few choice words with some people at retail stores about not being able to get assistance with something due to half the employs not speaking english.

And the whole slavery thing. I hate how people throw the race card at everything. Reguardless of the race.
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.
              Tack on "If you're going to order, do it in English. If not, don't get ****y when I can't understand."

I agree with what was said above about the religion line. I also despise those who try to guilt you in to talking to them. Nothing I hate worse than standing in line somewhere or sitting peacefully in a park with my girl friend, just relaxing, and have some random person come up..."Hey, mind if I read to you from the bible...Well, why don't you take some of these packets, I think it will answer a lot of questions for you."

Who said I had questions in the first place??

And wrestling isn't fake!!
              When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry rear if you're running from them..

This one that you obvious highlighted must be your favorite...but so very wrong!!!

No officer, or person should be allowed to shoot another person just because they are running away. Remember back in the wild west days...shooting someone in the back was considered a cowardly thing to do? Weapons should only be used when a person is trying to protect themselves, or the safety of citizens, not because you are mad that they are running from you.

Can I get an AMEN!!!
                Revenge the reason I get up each day.

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.

Comment

Amen!!!!!!

(I just caught the above comment!!!)
                  EDITED TO ADD: My "Amen!!!!!!" was in response to the Original Post, not the above post. He must have snuck it in there right before I hit the submit button. Or maybe I just didn't catch it before I replied.
                  Last edited by DinoTX; 03-04-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MsPsycho View Post
                    This one that you obvious highlighted must be your favorite...but so very wrong!!!

No officer, or person should be allowed to shoot another person just because they are running away. Remember back in the wild west days...shooting someone in the back was considered a cowardly thing to do? Weapons should only be used when a person is trying to protect themselves, or the safety of citizens, not because you are mad that they are running from you.

Can I get an AMEN!!!
                    If you were a Police Officer...you would understand.
                    "You have the right to remain silent....so shut the **** UP!!!!"

"Is that Walter? He scares me....He's got gas!" The Dead Terrorist/ Jeff Dunham

Comment

MsPsycho, I'm not going to bother to answer that because you obviously don't "get it."

Besides, you probably think one less crack hoe or drug dealer is some sort of tragedy. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
                        MsPsycho, I'm not going to bother to answer that because you obviously don't "get it."

Besides, you probably think one less crack hoe or drug dealer is some sort of tragedy. Never mind.
                        Any life taken needlessly is a tragedy.
                        Revenge the reason I get up each day.

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.

Comment

Any life taken needlessly is a tragedy.
                          A life of a thug isn't worth much. Whether he gets in a car accident or dies of cancer or gets shot by a fellow thug or is shot (under legallly justifiable premises) by a LEO, it doesn't really matter. It's all good news...one less parasite on society.

I'm not saying anything outside of policy and procedure should happen...but as long as it's legally justified, I'd just as soon we got a few more off the streets.

Ya know someone once told me that everybody had a dividing line for the world. Everybody. For some people it's "black and white" and for some it's "rich and poor" and for some it's "republican and democrat." But we *all* have a place where we draw the "us" vs "them" demarcation.

And for me, it's being a scumbag criminal. You're either a decent human being who tries their best to obey the law (a few minor traffic violations are ok or maybe one night in jail as a stupid teenager for something petty) or you are a scumbag criminal. There is no grey area in my mind.

Comment

I was a huge Carlin fan growing up in the 70's.

It wasn't unitl the early 90s that I actaully got to see him live.

Unfortunatly by that time I was a Republican and found some of his schtick just wasn't making me laugh anymore.

Oh, to go back to the good old days of being young & dumb.

A time when you didn't care about an entertainers politcal views.

Meh, now it's easier to tell you the entertainers I can't stomach because of their political veiws / actions ( for example: Ed Asner, Mike Farrell, Bruce Sprinsteen, Sean Penn )
                            "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
                            09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Entertainers are just that...entertainers. I couldn't care less about their political beliefs (or their personal lives for that matter.) I care about the quality of the art they produce, and that is the only standard by which I judge them.

I even like comedians who make jokes aimed at my own beliefs...Afterall, a person should be able to laugh at themselves. It's good for you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4555 users online. 318 members and 4237 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X