No announcement yet.

Stock ?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock ?

Anybody trade stock ? Im thinking about buying 5 shares of visa, which is going public soon. Its going to start off at about $40.00 a share.....Im reading alot of people saying in about 1-2 years it could be $200.00 a share.

Im only going to buy 5 shares to see how it would go, this would be my 1st stock buy.
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

I am deep into three risky mutual funds and a few new and emerging companies, but, as you start getting closer to real and forever (hopefully) retirement, those start making you a little nervous.

So I may start easing into more conservative blue chippers soon. Really watching the market here lately, but in the long run, no matter what, yu just can't beat it, so long as ou leave it alone and let your money work.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I wouldn't say I'm an active trader by any means, but I own some stocks and ETF's. Probably too many actually. I also have a few thousand in a mutual fund. I started out small about a year ago to see how I'd do. I kept making money so I kept adding money. Then about August it all kinda took a dump and now I'm back where I started.

FYI, I use Scottrade because it's the cheapest per trade broker. Their research tools are OK but there are plenty of places and ways to research stocks.
      "Remember. Do unto them before they do unto you."

I don't know to much about stock but I just inherited 1096 shares of CSX stock. At first I didn't have an idea what it was worth, boy was I surprised.
        Last edited by cstradling24; 02-25-2008, 12:47 PM. Reason: Typo

My ThriftSavings at work has a percentage invested in stocks. I dont follow where they put it LOL.

I also belong to ExxonMobil on Computershare. Its like a savings account for stock, sorta. You can send in money in increments of $50 - $100,000 (i think that's the highest, not sure). Whatever you send buys however many shares it can at the time. I've done real well with that, as i've been in it for about 10 years. I think you have to start with $500.

You can either have your dividends reinvested or sent to you quarterly.

Call Jim Cramer

Hey Jim, A big boo ya from the 1 state recession......
              sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

What's Going On

There are currently 9203 users online. 289 members and 8914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad