Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now- the 2008 Officer.como Board Awards!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now- the 2008 Officer.como Board Awards!

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 2008 officer.com board awards. Tonight we have for you over 15 awards to hand out, while most of them go to a particular person- some will go to multiple people. You dont get anything for these awards- except maybe the abhoration.. err, admiration of your peers on the forums. and perhaps get to use them as a tag-line in your sig at the bottom of your posts, lol - Some of the awards were decided based on board statistics, while most of them were nominated from the group. The awards are generally organized from lower-end more specific awards to the last award being a large field of candidates, board wide.

While I tried to make awards for every sub-forum, some of the forums were impractical to do this for, so I took to important ones, such as introducing new members, and the widely-popular off-duty forum.

Without further delay, lets get to work handing out the awards-

The First award up this evening is the "Community Relations" award- this award goes to the individual who most often greets newcomers to the forums, and has an over-all personality that is welcoming.

The nominees are: Sgt Tom, and Slow Down There...

the winner is.... Slow Down There!

The next award is the "Clown of the town" award- given to the individual most noted to be best for jokes, laughs, and well-accepted humor.

The nominees for this award are: Chiller, WadsonF, INDiver

And the winner is- ...Wadson!

But not to go without an honorable mention is INDiver, who started the Joke of the day thread, and has continuously updated it and added to it, and kept it living for the past 3 months. Congrats INDiver, and thank you.

The third award this evening is the Barney Fife award- this award is given to the individual who comes across the most as a gun nut.

The nominees are: JWise, BlackdogF4i, Nightshift VA

...And the winner, in a close one is... JWise!

The next award on our schedule is the "Arnold" award- going to the individual who just cant seem to put down the weights or stop doing pushups- this award, without question or objection, goes to... BaseBall Babe!

Now we move on to the "Board out of my mind" award- this award goes to the one forum member who seems to slip in the most posts while at work- apparently with little else to do- Im honestly surprised yours truly did not get nominated for this one, Over half of my internet connection time seems to be at work- but the ward goes, hands down, to... WillowDared!- having posted nearly 4,000 times- some of them have to be while at work.

<<<COMMERCIAL BREAK>>>

Moving on now, its time for the 'Know it all' Award; this award is given to the one forum member, that’s an officer, who seems to never be able to keep themselves from responding to ask a cop questions- this was a large race.

Here are your nominees: 1042Trooper, Deputy2x, PhilipCal, L-1

And the winner is.... 1042Trooper!

In a related topic, is the "Curiosity will kill me" award- this award goes to the individual who cant stop asking questions from the officers here, at least he asks way more then anyone else; this award, is another one that was hands down, without objection- and it goes to... Chools!

The next award was also a highly close match between two of the female members of the forum, the name of the award is the "Gumming it up" award- and it goes to the most frequent user of the off-duty forum.

The nominees are: TexasChickee & BaseBallBabe

And the winner.. with more then twice as many posts in the off-duty forum- BaseBallBabe.

<<<COMMERCIAL BREAK>>>

Welcome back to the Officer.com board awards; our next award is the "Trouble-Maker" award- this award goes to the individual who seems they have to reply to every post out there...and this was the most contested award out there.

The nominees are: Bearcat357, Smurfette76, TexasChickee, 1042trooper, Deputy2x, and PhilipCal

And the winner is- Bearcat - with an avg of more then 10 posts per day sense he has registered here.

The 10th award to be given out this evening is for starting the most topics - or at least they seem to start the most topics.

The nominees are: TexasChickee & 1042trooper.

The winner is... TexasChickee!

The next award is our "Quiet as the grave" award- this award is given out to the individual who actually does post sometimes, and is currently active in at least looking at the forum, but you really never hear from them.

The nominees are: dutchboy & mikeycoyote

And the winner is... MikeyCoyote!

We will be back with more right after these messages.

<<<COMMERCIAL BREAK>>>

Welcome back, your just in time for the "Watching the grass grow" award- this is a forum topic/area award given to the state with the least number of topics/replies/posts--- there are several states that got close, but only one won the award...

Nominees are... Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming

And the winner is... South Dakota- with just one lonely topic recently.

And now, of course, opposite the last award is the "hear-me state" award- this award is given to the state-forum (and members of) that seems to have the most gossip going on:

The nominees are... Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, & New York.

The winner w/ 95 topics is... Florida.

Now we get down to the big three awards, the first one up is "aught to be retired" award-- this is for the longest registered member of the forum, the one person who is still active to this day, that registered the longest time ago...

The nominees are... BrickCop, L-1, ChopShopCop.

And the winner, having been here sense March 24th of 2000 is ChopShopCop!

And now the "All Charged Up" award- this goes out to the member who flat out posts the most often, and with a total of nearly 9,700 posts- Buttercup wins this award by more then 3,000 posts over the closest contender.

And now its time for our last award of the night- this award is the "Golden O" award from the members of the officer.com forum. This award is given to the most respected, liked, talked to, talked about, and most entertaining member of the forum...

The nominees are... Chiller, Deputyx2, 1042trooper, BlackdogF4I, & smurfette.

Runner Up with 20 percent of the vote.... Chiller

The winner.. with 46 percent of the vote... 1042Trooper.

That wraps up things here tonight, so lets take a look at the trophy count and see who faired and how:

Winners:
    1042Trooper x2
    BaseBall Babe x2
    Slow Down There
    Wadson
    JWise
    WillowDared
    Chools
    Bearcat357
    TexasChickee
    MikeyCoyote
    ChopShopCop
    Buttercup
    ----------------------------------------
    Nominations: (but no award)
    Deputy2x x3
    Chiller x2
    BlackdogF4i x2
    PhilipCal x2
    L-1 x2
    Smurfette76 x2
    Sgt Tom
    INDiver
    Nightshift VA
    Dutchboy
    BrickCop

Thank you for having watched our presentations tonight, keep up the good work here at Officer.com, and may God bless.
    Last edited by Malaru; 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM. Reason: number of awards was wrong.
    Updated on: 12/28/09

Heck yes. I won something.
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

WOW! You are even more "special" than you already were...
      Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
        WOW! You are even more "special" than you already were...
        I smell hate.

Comment

You mean I won!

Hey! Wait a minute!

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
            You mean I won!

Hey! Wait a minute!

^^^---- LOL!!!!

Comment

No hate...
              Your mom...

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees!!

Comment

Yay for the Florida forum!!!

Comment

That was fun to read...thanks for taking the time to compile the votes and write the award ceremony...including the commercial breaks.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Thanks for the nomination and I will continue to post in the Joke of the Day section! Glad you all enjoy it and love the posts others compile in it as well!

Comment

Wow!

I am curious - Malaru, are you a numbers dude in real life? Accountant? Statistician? CPA?

You do seem to dig numbers and odds and percentages. It's fun to see the results and your popularity game, but dude, I know it's a lot of work.
                        Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 01-17-2008, 10:39 AM.
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Great post!

Congrats to all who won. (I campaigned for ya, Wadson! )

Comment

Trooper- I been told and asked that alot, lmao.

Honestly, numbers/stats do take up alot of my life, it tends to be what I lean to when Im board.

Taxes are a sench to me, lol. Erm, Ive compiled the odds on the state lotto scratchoff games, I can tell you which FL scratch off lotto games you have the best chance at, ect. lmao.

Budgeting comes across very very easy for me, I dont see/have problems with creating financial budgets, or work schedules- though I do come across compex situations that burn me out before I can solve them, its usually easy for me to do- my immediate supervisor was in his officer for two hours one day working up the next months schedule for dispatch, came out and I said "here, I did in 30 minutes what took you an hour and a half"

Yes, I do go to numbers alot- I highly considered a career as an actuary- but I dont have the ability to devote the time and energy to it right now.

I find I come up with sports/games easily- I like creating new ways of playing old games (diffrent forms ot football/soccer/ect). I also create new games ect of course- when it comes to me.

I find things such as the political stratagy behind getting elected interesting. Honestly though, if I was to be paid to do this stuff- stats, numbers, taxes, stratagy, budgeting... I think Id get board with it as a job- I find it interesting and challenging when I do it in my free time, and its very easy.

...keeping track of the popularity game, a snap- and Ill be changing the format next round a bit to keep more players involved. this here, the board awards- also easy, and it helped me become more familiar with people too- so I benefited.

...So... what is my next challenge on the officer.com forum? - I plan to post what would happen if NASCAR was like the NFL draft- wait and see what happens.
                            Updated on: 12/28/09

Comment

Originally posted by Malaru View Post
                              Trooper- I been told and asked that alot, lmao.

Honestly, numbers/stats do take up alot of my life, it tends to be what I lean to when Im bored.
                              And this is all at 25 years old!!!!

Hats off to you!
                              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4911 users online. 331 members and 4580 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X