300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dish or Direct

I was wondering if the people who use Dish Network or Direct T.V would share the pro's and con's and good and bad experiences. Or if you use another service you would recommend. Dish looks like it offers all the channels I want for an acceptable price, I can't tell what Direct offers ......

anyway, even with the fine print some key things aren't discovered until one is locked in.
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

I have had DirecTV for almost fifteen years and have been offline only three times - and, that was due to weather. Any problems I have had were minimal and they responded quickly to correct the issues. Here are the programming packages available.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3180001
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

i have Directv and I would not switch to anything even for 1/2 the price. the picture and sound quality are excellent 10x better than cable in my area. I have had very few outages, and those were weather related and only for a few minutes at a time. A gym I used to go to only 1 mile from my house had dish network and it was out more than in. I think it has a lot to do with where you live though, so I would suggest walking around the neighborhood and counting the dishes, then pick the one you see more of because thats probably better in your area.

Comment

Dish vs Direct

I have DISH and it works well. My neighbors around have Direct and they are happy. I am a member of this forum http://www.dbstalk.com/ which would probably be more helpful to assist you in making your decision. Some have made very close comparisons and pointed out the subtle differences. If I recall correctly, Dish might have an edge with movies and Direct has an edge with sports. Some of the things that might not be a big deal with me might be with you. For example, we don't typically get movies on demand, but that is huge for some folks. We have a Dish 622 that allows HD recording. It is like Tivo. I figured that I would like it, but now my wife seems to have taken control of that feature. She records a soap opera daily and views it at a time of your choosing. The 622 also does HD which is very nice. They just added the ability to do external hard drive recording, I think. Take a look at DBS Talk and good luck with your decision.

http://ezinearticles.com/?DirecTV-vs...tter?&id=61178

http://www.dish-network-vs-direct-tv...-direct-tv.htm

http://www.satellitetv-choice.com/di...-network-1.htm

Comment

I have DISH and it's great, had it for a few years now.

Comment

We have DirecTV and it works better than our (Time Warner) cable did. The only time we regularly have problems is during heavy rain, when we lose satellite reception. Fortunately/Unfortunately we live in Southern California, so we don't get a lot of rain.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

The biggest reason to choose DirecTV over Dish...NFL Sunday Ticket!
              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I have had direct for about 4 years,In that time I have been without service for about a total of 1 hour.After Katrina,when I finally got a generator,the first thing I did was plug in the t.v. and had a beautiful picture (and the first "outside" news in 5 days),this was possible even though the tree that landed on my roof was partially covering my dish.
                Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I have DirecTv. It's fine, very good audio/video quality most of the time.

A hard rain (a real down pour) does interupt the signal, and can a heavy snow that covers the feedcone. But the signal returns as soon as you clean off the equipment.

Getting internet though DirecTV, however, is very expensive.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Have had them both and no problems with either. Switched to Direct this year for the MLB package to watch my buddy pitch for Huston. Had the DVR with both, kind of like Dish's a bit better, but it's not a big deal really.
                    Carpe Noctem

Comment

I've been happy with DirecTV for about 5-6 years now.

Never had Dish TV.

Had C Band Satellite before that.
                      "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I had DirecTV for quite a few years, and was very happy with it. Switched to Dish Network because it was cheaper. Only complaint I have with Dish is that the selection of chennels is not as good as DirecTV. I'm thinking of switching back to DirecTV, even though it's $10-12 more per month.

Comment

has anyone had problems that needed customer service to clear it up? how do they handle it? and (not trying to be racist here but....) do they speak english? (I don't like asking customer service to repeat themselves 5 times or the feeling that they don't understand the problem I am having)

Any sneaky actions like hidden charges or penalties or such?
                          Do they run a tight ship in getting installs done on time or fix problems quickly?
                          stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

As I said ,I have had direct for about 4 years now and (knocking on wood here),have never had need of service.My 80 y/o pa in law sometimes screws his up and I have to go reprogram it,as it is a newer version remote(he wouldn't go dish till after K ),I sometime have to call for support,and you are 50/50 chance on the English thing.One thing that is good is sometimes you can get them to give you freebies.One month our bill was off by about $7.00 and when we called to get it straight,instead of trying to sell us something like most companies(while we have you on the line would you be interested in...),they GAVE us 3 months Cinemax for free as their way of apologizing.
                            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4801 users online. 354 members and 4447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X