X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post

BTW Iowa, my nephew is in prison for embezzlement but plans to run for Congress in Iowa when he gets out in 2-4. Will you campaign for him?
      Couldn't be any worse than what we have..................................

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Iowa,

just make sure since you’re not a cop anymore you keep your opinions to yourself and stay out of the AAC!

You can ask all the questions you want but you don't get to dictate who answers them nor how they are answered​

Besides...........................I will be honorably retired TWICE
      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 11-24-2022, 06:52 PM.
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Couldn't be any worse than what we have..................................

You can ask all the questions you want but you don't get to dictate who answers them nor how they are answered​

Besides...........................I will be honorably retired TWICE
        Bwahahahaha!

Comment

Congrats. Retired twice? I love to hear double dipping stories. I wish there was a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
            Congrats. Retired twice? I love to hear double dipping stories. I wish there was a thread.
            IPERS, the iowa State run retirement plan pays me about $50K to stay home after 27.5 yrs of work. When I started at the Sheriff's office IPERS started me a new account................my original account was locked in.
            11.5 yrs of paying into the new account will give me a payout out of about $17k in a lump sum.

Comment

Haven't seen this piece of advice on here in a while.

I first joined in 2012, but even prior to that, I would see this in nearly every thread in the AAC forum. If I remember correctly, you, PhilipCal and 3C were the three LEOs who used it most often.
              It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
                Iowa #1603 commented
                Editing a comment
                i HAVE been known to type that phrase before

Glad you're going to be fully retired. Enjoy yourself and find a solid hobby if you haven't done so already. All of my buddies who retired and haven't are going nuts asking me if I need help with the various organizations I volunteer with.

Also glad to hear you're sticking around. You're a wealth of knowledge and it's great to see you're replies to some of the garbage that's posted on here.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post

Haven't seen this piece of advice on here in a while.

I first joined in 2012, but even prior to that, I would see this in nearly every thread in the AAC forum. If I remember correctly, you, PhilipCal and 3C were the three LEOs who used it most often.
                You don’t get to reply the way you want dictated!

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                  Glad you're going to be fully retired. Enjoy yourself and find a solid hobby if you haven't done so already. All of my buddies who retired and haven't are going nuts asking me if I need help with the various organizations I volunteer with.
                  I have a acreage to keep up (6 acres with 1/2 in trees the rest in buildings & grass), & the wife is still working part time so guess who does most of the cooking etc. We also have a 17 yr old to keep track of.................

I have been a Ham Radio operator for 20 yrs & might get more active there than I have been the last 10 yrs or so.

I think I can keep busy -----

Comment

I have a acreage to keep up (6 acres with 1/2 in trees the rest in buildings & grass), & the wife is still working part time so guess who does most of the cooking etc. We also have a 17 yr old to keep track of.................

I have been a Ham Radio operator for 20 yrs & might get more active there than I have been the last 10 yrs or so.

When both of my boys were 17, they kept me plenty busy. You have my sympathies.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
                      Iowa #1603 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But you weren't 67 when they were 17

• HI629
                      HI629 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm ready for another one. I'll be around 67 when the next one is 17 if I start right now.

At least they are boys, girls are worse.

Comment

Plastic rolls on sale at Wally World…just in case you need some spare change.

Comment

Welcome to the finish line, and thanks for your service!

I hope to join you if I can make it just about 6 more months. The first time I retired, by wife wasn't even close to retirement. God willing, we will run side by side breaking the finish line ribbon together in '23.

Comment

Congratulations on signing up for NOTHING! I really thought the attitudes would change and people would be more polite and friendly towards me, after I retired. But.........didn't happen. Now I get criticized for mowing my yard, trimming my shrubs and weeding my flower beds too often.

The neighbors don't understand this deep need I have to make passersby smile!
                          If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Enjoy Brother... I hope you healthily live to be 167 and take the pension fairy for every last dollar.

I'm envious as I'm 20 in but got hired a little early and have another 7.5 until I hit full retirement age. Then I'll likely do another 5 in the DROP and ride off into the pasture on my Scrooge McDuck pension and IRA.

Stay on top of y our health and doctors' visits, etc. There's no point in working this long for a pension just to roll snake-eyes not long after leaving.

Congratulations man.
                            If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4711 users online. 272 members and 4439 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X