300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Title 5

Just wondering what the views are here if any on this. There are two actions ongoing now.
    The first is pending congress to expand Title 5 to the TSA. This would increase bargaining rights and most importantly pay.
    The other is an executive order to find a way to "closely mirror" Title 5 for the TSA if they don't receive those benefits.

The reasoning is that after about 20 years of agency existence the low pay/moral seem to be an issue maintaining quality candidates. Many leave and go to higher paying agencies.

Those that do not leave and have been working well over a decade make only a couple thousand dollars a year more than those straight of initial job probation.

I recent read a WSJ article bashing the idea as something that will put national security at risk.

Not sure I see the logic but does anyone agree with that?

All I gotta say on this is, I hope they do something to hire better quality employees. Cause the ones I come across when flying, I have not been impressed. They all look like they were scooped up out of the ghetto/trailer park, trained for bout a week and then forced to wear a uniform with a badge. Not even trained on how to properly wear that uniform. A lot of thieving goes on as well.

Ex-TSA agent: We steal from travelers all the time — RT USA News

Comment

I hear you but not all are like that. The position does require a background check and specialized training and lot do take to heart what they do.

They are all trained on how to wear a uniform and a lot take pride in starching the perfect crease on their shirts. Even more do feel a serious pride in working their jobs and understand why their job exists.

Could it be better? Yes. Does "you get what you pay for" have truth?

It's unfair and painful to see and hear people say all cops are yesterday's picked on kid and today's fat power trip. Yes, it may be true for some, but regardless of media no where near the majority.

Now imagine we did "defund the police" slashing pay and did not hear out both sides of each "trending" video were a police officer is accused of something. Imagine those LEO did not have a union or public understanding.

I'm sorry you have had a poor experience with the TSA.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLou View Post
        I hear you but not all are like that. The position does require a background check and specialized training and lot do take to heart what they do.

They are all trained on how to wear a uniform and a lot take pride in starching the perfect crease on their shirts. Even more do feel a serious pride in working their jobs and understand why their job exists.

Could it be better? Yes. Does "you get what you pay for" have truth?

It's unfair and painful to see and hear people say all cops are yesterday's picked on kid and today's fat power trip. Yes, it may be true for some, but regardless of media no where near the majority.

Now imagine we did "defund the police" slashing pay and did not hear out both sides of each "trending" video were a police officer is accused of something. Imagine those LEO did not have a union or public understanding.

I'm sorry you have had a poor experience with the TSA.
        Of course there are good ones, don't get me wrong. I just agree, that paying better and having better benefits does help with getting more quality employees. So, if the proposal you speak of, does something to help, I'm all for it!

The 15 bucks an hour that entry level TSA officers get, does not allow for the govt. to recruit and hire the most quality applicants.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3762 users online. 208 members and 3554 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X