Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They called Trump a Nazi. Who is literally forcing people to get injections or lose their livelihood? I’ve worked hard to get to where I am but I will NOT comply. Some things are more important than GS13 pay w/ LEAP. See you in the funny pages.

Comment

Food for thought or propaganda?

The coronavirus has become the leading cause of death for officers despite law enforcement being among the first groups eligible to receive the vaccine at the end of 2020. That's 476 Covid-19 related deaths since the start of the pandemic, compared to 94 from gunfire in the same period.

Comment

Originally posted by emtguy89 View Post
        If people didn't act like they have profound Asperger's over this, then maybe more people would get vaccinated. I did, it was either that or go back to working for people like CCCSD. If not for that I'd say if you really want the shot, get it in your eye. It makes people a bit hesitant when you try to shove it down their throats and shut down any discussion whatsoever. I swear some of you have never been to a call where you didn't provoke a UOF (and probably got whooped) judging by the way you talk to your "brothers".
        Grow up. You think the world revolves around YOU.

Glad to hear a bunch of you will give up a job with bennies because of Feelz.

Comment

• emtguy89
          emtguy89 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're just mad because I called you out for your inability to be a good cop or supervisor. You've never failed to demonstrate that in any post you've made here.

Looking at November 22 like a race horse named Seniority... Go go gooo!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLou View Post

Ok... Again you are comparing your understanding of the vaccine with the CDC, FDA, WHO, and an army of organizations with more science degrees than I can count. I am not implying that you are not a very educated person
          This is the "argument from authority" fallacy. Understanding vaccines and medicines doesn't require "science degrees".

However since this is Officer.com we are posting on I will assume they know what they are doing better than what you and I can understand.
          I bet the subjects of the Tuskegee Experiment had that same unshakeable faith. The authorities in politics and the medical field have botched this entire affair from day one, and continue to do so. Fauci willfully lied to the public about masks. He's lied about funding the research that almost certainly caused the emergence of the virus in the first place. He lied when he said that Texas repealing their mask mandate would lead to a spike in cases, when it did the opposite. People who used their brains and rightfully deduced that the virus came from a lab were roundly mocked by the "elite" people with "science degrees" and those haughty politicians and celebrities without them. Turns out they now admit that this is the most plausible theory. The media heaped praise on Andrew Cuomo for his "handling" of the pandemic, including when he rejected the use of a hospital ship sent by President Trump to take care of COVID patients. He chose to warehouse them in nursing homes instead and killed thousands, then wrote a book about leadership. You can invest these corrupt clowns with your trust if you want, but I won't give them an ounce of mine.
          Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

Well. I'm glad that we all can agree to do our part to help this pandemic come to a swift and uneventful ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgetime View Post

This is the "argument from authority" fallacy. Understanding vaccines and medicines doesn't require "science degrees".

I bet the subjects of the Tuskegee Experiment had that same unshakeable faith. The authorities in politics and the medical field have botched this entire affair from day one, and continue to do so. Fauci willfully lied to the public about masks. He's lied about funding the research that almost certainly caused the emergence of the virus in the first place. He lied when he said that Texas repealing their mask mandate would lead to a spike in cases, when it did the opposite. People who used their brains and rightfully deduced that the virus came from a lab were roundly mocked by the "elite" people with "science degrees" and those haughty politicians and celebrities without them. Turns out they now admit that this is the most plausible theory. The media heaped praise on Andrew Cuomo for his "handling" of the pandemic, including when he rejected the use of a hospital ship sent by President Trump to take care of COVID patients. He chose to warehouse them in nursing homes instead and killed thousands, then wrote a book about leadership. You can invest these corrupt clowns with your trust if you want, but I won't give them an ounce of mine.
              The only thing they had faith in was the institutional racism that allowed the experiment to happen in the first place. Don't conflate the current situation with vaccines and institutional racism that allowed the Tuskegee experiment to happen. Please enlighten me.
              Last edited by retired137; 12-22-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by retired137 View Post

The only thing they had faith in was the institutional racism that allowed the experiment to happen in the first place. Don't conflate the current situation with vaccines and institutional racism that allowed the Tuskegee experiment to happen. Please enlighten me.
                I think Georgetime was pointing out the nation's track record, i.e. the horrible Tuskegee experiment. With that in mind, we should all take a deeper look into this vaccination before jumping on board so frivolously. I totally understand why Blacks are the most vaccine hesitant.

According to studies by the NIH, 56.4% of Blacks state they are either unsure or not going to get the vaccine.

Addressing Justified Vaccine Hesitancy in the Black Community (nih.gov)

And still, no one in the "Science Community" is addressing natural immunity. You don't have to be a scientist to know about the efficacy of natural immunity.

So, if the scientific community wants to speak to us, then address all the applicable treatments before pushing vaccination as the ONLY OPTION. You can't just ignore things like, natural immunity, monoclonal antibodies, Remdesivir, Ivermectin and so on, and expect people to not be skeptical.

Comment

Also, in addressing the educated, it would seem that those amongst us with the highest levels of education, are the most vaccine hesitant.

Americans with PhDs have the highest percentage of hesitancy (see linked article below).

Americans with PhDs are most reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID (msn.com)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4272 users online. 265 members and 4007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X