X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How waiting for FLETC feels...

How waiting for FLETC feels...

Agree or disagree?

I'd say more like a federal convict being told he has 30 days to report to prison for six months, except he's innocent; better yet, he hasn't even been charged with a crime at all. Since that's essentially what FLETC is doing.

Comment

Not looking forward to it huh?

Comment

The fact that students are being required to remain in a workplace without pay in violation of OPM regulations, without access to legal counsel or even prescribed medication, is very disturbing to me as a law enforcement officer. They've already been caught with their pants down and sued at least once. The irony being that they train people to enforce laws, including labor laws...

Comment

I mean I get that OPM, FSLA... but... yah know... I'm not a scab or nothing but... I still want to go...

Comment

Before COVID, did students get paid for time spent on center outside of training hours? Did they clock in and out at the gate? If they spent the weekend in their employer-paid room playing video games, did they get paid more than someone who took the van to Jacksonville?
            What is the long range outcome you foresee from these kinds of lawsuits? If they're successful, it might be smart for some of these agencies to just require applicants to put themselves through training (at about $35,000 out of pocket, according to the service agreement I signed). Wouldn't that be great?

You're getting paid a salary plus room and board to attend an expensive training program for a job that many people work very hard to get. Don't get too salty about ROM. Lockdown can only be made worse by a bad attitude .

Comment

• emtguy89
              emtguy89 commented
              Editing a comment
              If they chose to remain, no. That is off duty time. I guess you don't claim any OT/AUO/LEAP hours in WebT&A, right?

Originally posted by PNW.CFE View Post
            Before COVID, did students get paid for time spent on center outside of training hours? Did they clock in and out at the gate? If they spent the weekend in their employer-paid room playing video games, did they get paid more than someone who took the van to Jacksonville?
            What is the long range outcome you foresee from these kinds of lawsuits? If they're successful, it might be smart for some of these agencies to just require applicants to put themselves through training (at about $35,000 out of pocket, according to the service agreement I signed). Wouldn't that be great?

You're getting paid a salary plus room and board to attend an expensive training program for a job that many people work very hard to get. Don't get too salty about ROM. Lockdown can only be made worse by a bad attitude .
            What he said...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4264 users online. 270 members and 3994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X