Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fancy free(ish) foriegn travel?

I am a Police Officer in Lancashire in the North West of England and at work I am in a team of people who regularly get involved in Outdoor pursuits.

I have just got back from walking the "Three Peaks Challenge" which entales walking the Three higest mountains in England, Wales and Scotland within 24 hours. When you consider their is almost 1000 miles to be driven between the Mountains this turns out to be quite a tough challenge.

So as we sat down last night we drank a few beers and reflected on what 'Challenge' we could do next year. We then began to think about foreign travel and I though this is where you guys and gals could come in. We would love to take part in some sort of an exchange program with a Police Service somewhere else in the world. Somewhere we could visit, be accomodated (at your training school maybe?) and guided around some of your local beauty spots. Be it walking, treking, climbing, canooing etc. We would then love to return the favour by inviting you over to the UK to take part in either "The three peaks" or some other similar type activity.

If anyone would be interested in developing an idea like this, please drop me a line and lets see what we can sort out!

Cheers

The Three Peaks is a good laugh - though I don't envy mjw having done it over the last couple of days, given that it has been raining cats and dogs over here. If you finish up with Ben Nevis, you can unwind in Glasgow, which is great place to party.
    I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

The Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics. We had ours in the beginning of May. It's usually around the same time each year. We run it every year in my area. It's approximately 64 miles for us, but there are other legs to the Torch Run throughout the state. Many other states participate as well. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are always provided. It's always a lot of fun.

Comment

If you want a real challenge, try this:

http://www.bakervegas.com/pdf/RuleBo...hap1-M06-1.pdf

http://www.bakervegas.com/index.shtml
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!

Keep them coming and I'll be back in touch soon.

Comment

I'll mirror what L-1 put down, the Baker to Vegas Run. It's becoming an int'l event, and it will sure test your endurance! I might be able to assist with lodging in So. Calif. before and after the event.
            Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
            Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Originally posted by 1oldsarge View Post
              I'll mirror what L-1 put down, the Baker to Vegas Run. It's becoming an int'l event, and it will sure test your endurance! I might be able to assist with lodging in So. Calif. before and after the event.
              Let's see. Each team has 20 runners + 5 alternate runners + 10 support crew for a total of 35 people to put up. Be careful of what you wish for (unless you own a motel).
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Are you looking only for "official" events, or outdoor adventures?

California also has the Pacific Crest Trail, which runs from Mexico to Canada. You can hike sections of it, and see some of the scenic wonders of the Pacific states.

http://www.fs.fed.us/pct/
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Doesn't have to be anything 'Official'. It just needs to be a challenge and hopeful fun!

Keep the ideas coming....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8131 users online. 428 members and 7703 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X