300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington VA/DC Area

I have been temporarily reassigned to the DC area. Looking for reccomendations for good places to go in the area besides the obvious tourist destinations. I am pretty much limited to the Metro and my feet to get around. Thanks
    The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Originally posted by Migraman View Post
    I have been temporarily reassigned to the DC area. Looking for reccomendations for good places to go in the area besides the obvious tourist destinations. I am pretty much limited to the Metro and my feet to get around. Thanks
    Crystal City and Pentagon City areas both have good restaurants, good bars, and places to hang out at......Metro is close by as each has it's own station......

BTDT.....and going to do it later tonight......

Comment

Pat Troy's restaurant in Old Town Alexandria is a GOOD place..Food is first rate, and the Music is Phenominal http://www.pattroysirishpub.com/

Comment

Georgetown in DC is nice for a wide variety of places to see/eat/drink

The Mall area around the Capitol and Monument is great for people watching and site seeing

Irish Times and Capital City Brewery by Union Station for food/drinks

Hamiltons(food/drinks) and My Brothers Place(food) for 50% LE discount with creds located next to eachother on 2nd and Conn. NW

Tortilla Coast is nice also for food/drinks
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
          My Brothers Place(food)
          Is that the place you told me about....?

Comment

Along the Orange Line in Arlington. Ballston and Clarendon are full of nightlife. Clarendon has become the new Georgetown.
            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
              Ballston
              Super Pollo behind the Mall is awesome Peruivan Style Chicken.....

Comment

Thanks,

This is the type of intel I'm looking for. Mostly what I have been getting from the guys I work with is directions to the monuments. I'm staying in Pentagon City and working between an office on Penn. Ave and another one in Rossyln. I just discovered the prime rib at the New Orleans restaraunt in Rosslyn...Good stuff.

Thanks Chiller, I've already taken in quite a bit of the "scenery" since I've been here . The funny thing is that it never gets old.

My next task is to find a place that doesn't charge $35 for a haircut. I'll take care of the problem with a couple of disposable razors and a hand full of shaving cream before I pay that much for a haircut.
                The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Check your PMs....

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
                    Georgetown in DC is nice for a wide variety of places to see/eat/drink
                    This is really true when college is in!!

Originally posted by Chiller
                    Irish Times and Capital City Brewery by Union Station for food/drinks
                    I would have to second that motion!!
                    You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      Is that the place you told me about....?

Hamiltons next door
                      Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                        Hamiltons next door
                        Ah....I don't get out much.....and when I do it's to places in Crystal City......that likes LEOs.....and feeds us WAY too much booze......

Comment

What's up with all this Five Guys being the best burger in DC?????? They need to try a real burger, In N Out style.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFed View Post
                            What's up with all this Five Guys being the best burger in DC?????? They need to try a real burger, In N Out style.

I have had both and personally think they both suck.

Irish Times has an awesome burger
                            Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Migraman View Post
                              Thanks,

This is the type of intel I'm looking for. Mostly what I have been getting from the guys I work with is directions to the monuments. I'm staying in Pentagon City and working between an office on Penn. Ave and another one in Rossyln. I just discovered the prime rib at the New Orleans restaraunt in Rosslyn...Good stuff.

Thanks Chiller, I've already taken in quite a bit of the "scenery" since I've been here . The funny thing is that it never gets old.

My next task is to find a place that doesn't charge $35 for a haircut. I'll take care of the problem with a couple of disposable razors and a hand full of shaving cream before I pay that much for a haircut.
                              Check the entertainment schedule for Pat's place, and try and go when Pat Garvey is playing..it's WELL worth the trip.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6755 users online. 350 members and 6405 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X