X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by lcso554 View Post
    Believe me, I like that, too! Makes me long for the days I spent in Wyoming (I guided big game hunters for ten years in the Gros Ventre). What's WY's LE Academy like?
    I appreciate the deferrence, but c'mon - L&C County is the most glorious country I've ever seen! Matter of fact, back in the day, I applied in both states at the same time - ended up here, on I-80 for the entire time. Never got to work in the montains like I wanted to. A blessing though, because they stayed special for me that way.

I head to the high country twice, three times a year. That's good enough till Mrs Trooper and I really, really retire. Then we'll see.

The academy is 6 months for WHP and another 2 in FTO. All others go 12 weeks and call it good.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwulfe
    replied
    Montana? Never been there. I here its nice though.....

Leave a comment:

• Lykarok
    replied
    I live at 15 mins from Glacier National Park. It is the awesomest place to have as a "backyard." I spend as much time I as I can in the park. I wouldn't trade it for the world, except maybe winters in AZ so I could golf year round

I can't believe how quickly the area is growing though!!

Leave a comment:

• screech60
    replied
    Gotta love Wyoming!

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    That's double here - I like that.
    Believe me, I like that, too! Makes me long for the days I spent in Wyoming (I guided big game hunters for ten years in the Gros Ventre). What's WY's LE Academy like?

Leave a comment:

• screech60
    replied
    Originally posted by sirjared View Post
    I might be moving to Phillips county if that makes a difference!

AND I was born in Glasgow
    The family ranch is on the SE corner of Bowdoin. Small world.

Leave a comment:

• sirjared
    replied
    I might be moving to Phillips county if that makes a difference!

AND I was born in Glasgow

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by lcso554 View Post
    There are a couple of us that frequent here. Me? Lewis & Clark County... your 20?

And for those who posted, let me update. We are up to about 900,000 souls now. Lots of folks moving in.... and the saying goes:
    That's double here - I like that.

Leave a comment:

• screech60
    replied
    Naahh. You're not the only one from Montana

Originally posted by THE5O View Post
    Hey I have looked through this sight...Am I the only one from Montana...LOL
    There are a couple of us that frequent here. Me? Lewis & Clark County... your 20?

And for those who posted, let me update. We are up to about 900,000 souls now. Lots of folks moving in.... and the saying goes:

Montana... where men are men, women are men, and the sheep are scared as hell.

Leave a comment:

• biggreen
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    Gettin' too crowded?

Funny - my first 25 years of life were in a city of 8 million. Then I lived in a town of 200 here in Wyoming.

Sometimes, even that get's too crowded. SO why leave Montana, other than the WAAAAAAAY backward politics, if you know what I mean.
    I'm originally from Louisiana and I've had it with my agency. Moving on to bigger and better things. After all, "Home is where the heart is". I'll miss the great hunting, but that's about it. Besides, the pretty part of Montana is way west of me. They actually HAVE trees.

Leave a comment:

• Wile E. Coyote
    replied
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental-floss tycoon...

Just me and my pygmy pony over by the dental-floss bush.

- Frank Zappa

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Gettin' too crowded?

Funny - my first 25 years of life were in a city of 8 million. Then I lived in a town of 200 here in Wyoming.

Sometimes, even that get's too crowded. SO why leave Montana, other than the WAAAAAAAY backward politics, if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• biggreen
    replied
    Northeast corner, but leaving soon.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    What-tana??

nah, i actually want to visit there, i've heard its beautiful and i love the cold

Leave a comment:

• jerseyshorecop
    replied
    I spent a couple of weeks in Montana, Idaho and Washington last June and I really was impressed. Glacier National Park is one of those must see before you die places....We also went to Helena and managed to climb to the the top of Mt. Helena which I believe is considered a City park....lol

Leave a comment:

• SlowDownThere
    replied
    Montana? Iv'e heard of that.

That's out west someplace, right? Like past Ohio?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6214 users online. 362 members and 5852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X