Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l-ma
    replied
    Keep in mind that nobody pays any attention when a car alarm goes off.

Doubt me?

Be observant in a mall/Wal-Mart parking lot some time as alarms go off and nobody looks twice.

Alarms are great to get an insurance discount.

Another worthwhile point if you are an LEO . . . LoJack (if available where you are) offers a 50% discount to LEOs. I had one installed (including the alarm system) on my car when I bought it in 2001.

Leave a comment:

• oshphopeful
    replied
    the blinking red light is the factory-installed security system. if your doors are locked and somebody tries to get in, it goes off. the blinking red light shows that the system is armed.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    replied
    Originally posted by oshphopeful View Post
    the red button on your key fob with the picture of a horn on it is the panic button-you push it, the horn goes off.
    I know that. We are talking about the red blinking light on my SUV. And car alarms too.

Leave a comment:

• oshphopeful
    replied
    the red button on your key fob with the picture of a horn on it is the panic button-you push it, the horn goes off.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    replied
    Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    yea i have the red blinking light on my car too...its the factory security system. i know i can adjust the sensitivity of my with a knob in the tire well...just lock the door and see if you can open it(from the outside) without it going off. if it doesn't go off, make sure your horn is working! lol
    My horn is working I know for sure. Because I accidently hit the horn button on my remote keychain the other day. My SUV is a Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer just to let you guys know.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    yea i have the red blinking light on my car too...its the factory security system. i know i can adjust the sensitivity of my with a knob in the tire well...just lock the door and see if you can open it(from the outside) without it going off. if it doesn't go off, make sure your horn is working! lol

Leave a comment:

• oshphopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
    What is the best car alarm out there. I don't want something to expensive and something not to cheap. I will most likely have it installed at the place where I get my SUV worked on.

I want to start shopping and looking around for it now. My SUV has this red light blinking but it isn't a car alarm.
    according to my father, who is a mechanic, that blinking red light IS a security system. it sets the horn off if somebody tries to break in.

Leave a comment:

• sgttom
    replied
    viper is good

another one out there that is good too is Clifford

our department uses Prestige for the company cars...

Leave a comment:

• utmatt
    replied
    can't go wrong with viper. Have one and haven't had any problems. Not sure of my model number i've had it for years. If you are not buying it the place you are having it installed I would check ebay or other online retailers there are deals to be had. just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    started a topic Car Alarms

Car Alarms

What is the best car alarm out there. I don't want something to expensive and something not to cheap. I will most likely have it installed at the place where I get my SUV worked on.

I want to start shopping and looking around for it now. My SUV has this red light blinking but it isn't a car alarm.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3842 users online. 233 members and 3609 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X