300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Alarms

What is the best car alarm out there. I don't want something to expensive and something not to cheap. I will most likely have it installed at the place where I get my SUV worked on.

I want to start shopping and looking around for it now. My SUV has this red light blinking but it isn't a car alarm.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

can't go wrong with viper. Have one and haven't had any problems. Not sure of my model number i've had it for years. If you are not buying it the place you are having it installed I would check ebay or other online retailers there are deals to be had. just my opinion

Comment

viper is good

another one out there that is good too is Clifford

our department uses Prestige for the company cars...
      ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
      -- John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
        What is the best car alarm out there. I don't want something to expensive and something not to cheap. I will most likely have it installed at the place where I get my SUV worked on.

I want to start shopping and looking around for it now. My SUV has this red light blinking but it isn't a car alarm.
        according to my father, who is a mechanic, that blinking red light IS a security system. it sets the horn off if somebody tries to break in.
        When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
        -JPR

Comment

yea i have the red blinking light on my car too...its the factory security system. i know i can adjust the sensitivity of my with a knob in the tire well...just lock the door and see if you can open it(from the outside) without it going off. if it doesn't go off, make sure your horn is working! lol
          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
            yea i have the red blinking light on my car too...its the factory security system. i know i can adjust the sensitivity of my with a knob in the tire well...just lock the door and see if you can open it(from the outside) without it going off. if it doesn't go off, make sure your horn is working! lol
            My horn is working I know for sure. Because I accidently hit the horn button on my remote keychain the other day. My SUV is a Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer just to let you guys know.
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)

Comment

the red button on your key fob with the picture of a horn on it is the panic button-you push it, the horn goes off.
              When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
              -JPR

Comment

Originally posted by oshphopeful View Post
                the red button on your key fob with the picture of a horn on it is the panic button-you push it, the horn goes off.
                I know that. We are talking about the red blinking light on my SUV. And car alarms too.

Comment

the blinking red light is the factory-installed security system. if your doors are locked and somebody tries to get in, it goes off. the blinking red light shows that the system is armed.
                  -JPR

Comment

Keep in mind that nobody pays any attention when a car alarm goes off.

Doubt me?

Be observant in a mall/Wal-Mart parking lot some time as alarms go off and nobody looks twice.

Alarms are great to get an insurance discount.

Another worthwhile point if you are an LEO . . . LoJack (if available where you are) offers a 50% discount to LEOs. I had one installed (including the alarm system) on my car when I bought it in 2001.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3998 users online. 218 members and 3780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X