Comment

• BNWS
      BNWS commented
      Editing a comment
      3 cell Maglite.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      You never know when it might get dark...

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
    Friends don't let friends carry .380 ACP....or
    38 Special...or .25 ACP....or .22 rimfires....
    I know, I know, but when wearing summer attire its not that easy with the larger gun, I like the compact size of it (basically a size of a wallet). I figured its good enough to get me safely away from the situation. Its just a belly gun and buys me some time.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post

I know, I know, but when wearing summer attire its not that easy with the larger gun, I like the compact size of it (basically a size of a wallet). I figured its good enough to get me safely away from the situation. Its just a belly gun and buys me some time.
      Just giving you gas- I used to carry an aluminum J-frame .38 snubby off duty back in the '90s myself.

I pretty much resigned myself to the concept of emptying it into the bad guy, beating him to the ground with the empty revolver, and then fighting him until he bleeds out.

I switched to a Glock 26 afterwards. That gave me more than twice the capacity, about twice the muzzle energy, faster reloads, and the ability to accept the 19-round factory Glock +2 mags that I carried for my Glock 17 duty pistol.

If I needed a belly gun nowadays, I'd probably get something like my wife's 43X, or maybe even a 43.

Comment

• BNWS
        BNWS commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen more people knocked unconscious by a police service revolver than shot by one.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Just giving you gas- I used to carry an aluminum J-frame .38 snubby off duty back in the '90s myself.

I pretty much resigned myself to the concept of emptying it into the bad guy, beating him to the ground with the empty revolver, and then fighting him until he bleeds out.

I switched to a Glock 26 afterwards. That gave me more than twice the capacity, about twice the muzzle energy, faster reloads, and the ability to accept the 19-round factory Glock +2 mags that I carried for my Glock 17 duty pistol.

If I needed a belly gun nowadays, I'd probably get something like my wife's 43X, or maybe even a 43.
      Oh I know, I get gas about my .380 all the time by my co-workers.

I was seriously contemplating the Glock 43, just because of the magazine compatibility. But I settled on the Kimber Micro 9. It does the trick, its just not so accurate of course outside of 20 yards and its seven plus one, which isn't a lot.

Comment

Duty: Glock 19 w/Surefire X300
        Plainclothes duty: Glock 43X or 43 (depending on mission)
        Off-duty: Glock 43
        Duty Rifle: LWRC M6 5.56

Comment

Any other AK shooters in here?

Comment

• Krinkiboi2020
            Krinkiboi2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you ever checked out the M+M Industries M10 and the Faxon ARAK-21? Both are very heavily 55x influenced

• Saluki89
            Saluki89 commented
            Editing a comment
            My first rifle was a WASR serialed in 2014. Solid blaster. The WASRs get a bad reputation but the newer ones are really well made. Obviously I haven't taken it
            to war but I can't see any difference between my 450 dollar WASR and my buddies arsenals and rifle dynamics. It came with the tapco g2 which is a great trigger I've since put magpul furniture on it, a midwest dogleg rail holding an eotech 552, Krebs retaining plate, charging handle knob, and upgraded safety level from a polish firm who's name I am forgetting (way better than the Krebs one).

I love that gun. If someone said I could only take one of my rifles to the afterlife, it would be my AK.
            Last edited by Saluki89; 02-10-2021, 12:27 PM.

• Krinkiboi2020
            Krinkiboi2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Saluki89 have you ever tried the ALG AKT triggers? They're absolutely heavenly. Think of it like the slicked up triggers that give the 1911 feel to Glocks, then apply that to an AK.

• Saluki89
            Saluki89 commented
            Editing a comment
            My buddy has one on his arsenal. I agree it is a great trigger.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Slingshot and Louisville Slugger.
          1⅝" guardrail nut on a loop of paracord. Not whizbang tactical, but one smack on the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

Comment

On duty p320 compact x frame
            Back up/Off duty p365

Comment

Saluki89 the only complaint I really have about the new WASRs is that the wood is garbage. Looks and feels cheap.

Comment

• Saluki89
                Saluki89 commented
                Editing a comment
                It is cheap and ****ty wood. That's why I replaced it with cheap magpul polymer lol.

• Krinkiboi2020
                Krinkiboi2020 commented
                Editing a comment
                Soviet Stocks and Legion USA have beautiful new and surplus wood stocks. Russian Red, Iodine Orange, bakelite, plum, battlefield pickup, everything.

KVar also has great US made, soviet style furniture sets. I'm a big fan of plum.

• Saluki89
                Saluki89 commented
                Editing a comment
                If i get another ill keep it classic. Right now I like the added real estate the poly has for lights and grips and stuff

• Krinkiboi2020
                Krinkiboi2020 commented
                Editing a comment
                On my primary AK, I've got a Troy long mlok bottom rail, because I like to run the BCM grip out there. AIM Sports makes a nice 9" mid length AK handguard that's not too expensive and does the job pretty well too.

For optics, I prefer the Attero Arms mounts, because they give you a combo micro RDS base and fixed rear sight.

My gun I retired was a Springfield Series 80 45 acp
              My retired carry gun is Springfield XDM 45 or XD Subcompact 40
              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Magpul FDE + sunburst orange Rit Dye makes for a nice faux-bakelite coloration.

Krylon Farm and Implement Allis Chalmers orange rattlecan produces a similar result with added "grain."

​​​

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5169 users online. 295 members and 4874 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X