• Time
  • Show
Clear All

On duty: SIg P227R with TLR-1
    Off duty G19 gen 5 with Tlr7

Comment

Originally posted by beattheodds7051 View Post
      On duty: SIg P227R with TLR-1
      I officially lost the title for heaviest handgun carried.

Comment

• beattheodds7051
        beattheodds7051 commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely HATE IT!

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        beattheodds7051 was that issued by your dept/agency? I think sig discontinued that model not long ago.
        Last edited by Levithane; 01-16-2021, 05:03 PM.

• beattheodds7051
        beattheodds7051 commented
        Editing a comment
        issued by department. crazy right? .45 ACP brick 10 plus 1. 2 mags of 10 on duty belt. dept is still issuing this weapon

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        beattheodds7051 yeah its crazy a p220 or p227 is not a handgun id recommend to any dept for duty use. Im carrying 15 more rounds with my 226 compared to that.

Slightly off topic, but anyone here play around with 3D printing?

Comment

Comment

Off duty... 43x

Comment

Recently P365 XL in a Phlster Enigma. It’s great I can carry 30 rounds some spicy Oompa Loompa sauce and cuffs in sweats and a tshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by daboo View Post
              Off duty... 43x
              Considering doing the 15-round flush magazine for my wife's Blue Label 43X.

Comment

Off Duty I carry a Gen 5 Glock 19. I would carry the 365XL but my department has yet to approve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Shield Arms, by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Krinkiboi2020 View Post

Shield Arms, by chance?
                    I dunno- a brother officer was telling me he did it on his 43X. He said it was a steel magazine, and although it will work with the stock plastic mag release, that you are supposed to use a metal mag release with the metal mag.

What do you know about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Yeah, I've been considering the Shield Arms mod myself. You gotta swap out the catch from what I understand as well. I believe Shield sells a package with the catch and one or two mags.

Comment

Originally posted by daboo View Post

Yeah, I've been considering the Shield Arms mod myself. You gotta swap out the catch from what I understand as well. I believe Shield sells a package with the catch and one or two mags.
                        I've been looking at getting a pair of 43X's to replace my 19s and do the S15 mod on them, but Shield Arms appears to be out of stock.

Right now, though, buying more 7.62x39 and 5.45 is the priority.
                        Last edited by Krinkiboi2020; 01-21-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

So my local gun shop recently acquired a huge batch of revolvers from the estate of a collector. 200 guns, out of a collection of 1,200 (crazy, right?!).

I checked them out yesterday. I'm looking to acquire a stainless S&W model 66, the gun I carried when I started out. Not that I'd carry or shoot often; more for nostalgia and just in case my semi autos become unreliable.

Prices were no less than MSRP for new revolvers. Some were even more- a beautiful blued S&W Model 19 with a 3" barrel was priced at $1,300. Model 65s were priced at $700 (I can remember seeing model 65s at gun shows in the 1990s for $130).

Some interesting guns were in the mix, like S&W model 10s with "RHKP" with a serial number punch, the Royal Hong Kong Police standard in the 1980s. And several old Webleys, in the $2,000-$3,000 range.

Meanwhile, the first generation of police semi autos that succeeded these revolvers (S&W 6906, 4046, Glock Gen 2s) can be found in the $300-$400 range.

Revolvers are like records. 20 years ago, people were tossing their David Bowie albums into the garbage. Now, collectors are paying $$$ for the same records.

Funny how things go retro and increase in value, if you wait long enough.
                          Last edited by Ratatatat; 01-23-2021, 01:40 PM.
                          Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

-Mitch Hedberg

Comment

• Krinkiboi2020
                            Krinkiboi2020 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            1200? Those are some life goals. Lol

On-Duty a Glock 17, off duty a Kimber Micro 9 and sometimes a Ruger LCP .380. Both fit in the back jeans pocket.

Comment

Friends don't let friends carry .380 ACP....or
                            38 Special...or .25 ACP....or .22 rimfires....

Comment

• Exbpa340
                              Exbpa340 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Although less than ideal... it satisfies the first rule in a gun fight (talking the .380/.38).

• Aidokea
                              Aidokea commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yup.......

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3965 users online. 253 members and 3712 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X