300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatcha carrying?

Carrying my P320 Carry Nitron. I was a Glock guy for a long time, but I just kinda got tired of them after a while. Lack of innovation from the company, etc, despite the massive 3rd party support. I mean, most striker-fired pistols are pretty much carbon copies of each other, but I do like the modularity of the P320.

I still have a couple Gen 3 G19s, but they don't see much action these days.

As for hammer fired pistols, I'm a big fan of the CZ P07 for that big ol' trigger guard. No problems shooting with heavy gloves.

On the long gun side, I'm taking my old Interarms Bulgarian AK74 to the range today.

Para-Ordinance P14-45.....Taurus PT 101

Comment

I carry a FN 57 off duty because that's how I roll.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sir, I admit that I am impress, I was able to rent a P90 once and loved it. You may be carrying one of the best rounds for defensive use on the market,

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hardcore!!!
        Last edited by Saluki89; 01-09-2021, 04:30 PM.

• Krinkiboi2020
        Krinkiboi2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Armscor 22TCM 9R is some pretty hot stuff. It's a shortened .223 that has the same overall length as a 9mm. They make Glock top ends for it, and conversion barrels for 9mn 1911s. 1900fps out of a 4" barrel.

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scott you realize I was joking right lol

My retirement pistol is a Blue Label Glock 41.

https://youtu.be/95YAUBUK4rA

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
        Editing a comment
        Thats a fine looking pistol. Having that thinner barrel, can you notice a weight difference between the 21 or 30 and 30SF?

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you referring to the narrower slide of the 41? It shoots about like a 21. Much calmer than the 30.

• scotty_appleton814
        Editing a comment
        My duty is a 21 and my bug is a 30SF. I love the 30SF but I will the first admit that snappy chick ain't for everyone

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Meh- could be worse, it could be the 29.

Although I have been considering Glockzilla...

Primary/Field Work - P320 Xcarry
      Office/backup/off duty - Sig P365

On occasion I carry under LEOSA when I choose to carry something much smaller - Ruger LCP.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

My current daily carry in retirement is a SIG Sauer P365 XL.

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post
          My current daily carry in retirement is a SIG Sauer P365 XL.
          I've thought about getting a P365. How do you like it?

Aesthetically, it reminds me of an early to mid '90s striker-fired gun, which I really dig.

Comment

• GoldBadge
            GoldBadge commented
            Editing a comment
            It's excellent.

P365 on my hip right now.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Baby Glock 9mm off duty. Full size one on duty.

Comment

I don't know how the rest of y'all feel about AKs, but I really kinda want this...

Comment

Can't carry on duty for parole work until I take the training course offered at huntsville. I conceal carry either my 226 legion (LEO version with optic cut out), or my p220 legion when not on the job.

Comment

• 9L81
                  9L81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn that's a lot of weight isn't it?

• scotty_appleton814
                  Editing a comment
                  Im still young and heavy enough that I routinely carry full size pistols, full metal and polymer. I just like the capacity and accuracy a 4 or 5 in barrel affords me.

• 9L81
                  9L81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I carried something like that there would be a lot of restriction on what I wear and where I could go. My number one off duty weighs 13.1 oz loaded. I can carry it with my leathers on, in my gym shorts, whatever. It's likes it not there.

• Levithane
                  Levithane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  9L81 Eh its not bad once you get used to it. I only carry when wearing 5.11 pants, cargo pants, Jeans, or shorts I can wear my thick leather belt with. I weigh about 165 and The 220 fits a bit better since its single stack. There was only 1 time I had a bit of an issue where I went to my grocery store during the lockdown order time period and I was getting profiled the entire time by a security guard, I don't know if she somehow saw it print through my shirt or something. Other than that haven't had any issues concealing a full size.

Originally posted by Krinkiboi2020 View Post

I've thought about getting a P365. How do you like it?

Aesthetically, it reminds me of an early to mid '90s striker-fired gun, which I really dig.
                I’ve carried many pistols on and off duty, and the P365 XL has been my favorite. There are a few things I like about it over my old carry - a G43. To me, it is a miniaturized sub-compact where I always feel confident while going out and about. I said that before about my G43, but the SIG gives me even more peace of mind.

Comment

On duty: Sig P320 9mm Full-size
                  Off duty/ Backup: Sig P320 9mm Sub-compact
                  Off-duty: S&W 442
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                    Off-duty: S&W 442
                    I commend you- it takes a real man to admit that...

Comment

• 9L81
                      9L81 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey what's wrong with a J-frame S&W?

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just giving him gas- I've carried one too...

• 9L81
                      9L81 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When I was in college I worked at a shooting range/gun store. Probably the best selling single model of any handgun we sold in the few years I worked there was the 442. I'm not a big fan of S&W anything really but I am a fan of the Air Weight and Air Lite models.

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They may sell well, but I am not a fan. They are loud, snappy, and tremendously impotent as a fight-stopping tool.

Jim Cirillo once put one to the bridge of the nose of an armed robber and pulled the trigger (a contact shot). The bad guy then asked Cirillo for a Kleenex for the nose bleed it gave him.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

I commend you- it takes a real man to admit that...
                    Nah. Around the house, working in the yard... it’s enough.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6552 users online. 342 members and 6210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X