300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Question

Does anyone know if you need a passport yet to drive into Canada from the U.S. (as a U.S. citizen)?

How about if you're a Canadian citizen and want to drive into the U.S.?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
    Does anyone know if you need a passport yet to drive into Canada from the U.S. (as a U.S. citizen)?

How about if you're a Canadian citizen and want to drive into the U.S.?

Thank you.
    Hahaha, Canada doesn't have those restrictions yet I don't think. But if I wanted to ever go across the border (not likely with the crazy lineups lately) I'd have to show my passport.
    Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Dont be so sure, study up, recent changes have been made.

* Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.
      * As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html
      Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

2008 starts the passport rule, when entering the US, at the ports of entry.

Comment

Yeah, i was trying to look up stuff online, and its confusing.

So i guess i can get in without one (before Jan.), but a Canadian needs one to drive into the U.S.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Where do you get a passport anyway? I've always wanted one despite not having plans to travel internationally.

Comment

You can go online and find the place nearest to you. I'll look for the name of the site.

Alot of post offices, and county offices carry the forms. You have to apply in person if its the first time. Believe me i know, i'm working on all of it right now LOL...

You also have to get photos taken.

http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
              Last edited by Jellybean400; 06-04-2007, 10:41 PM. Reason: added site

Comment

So i guess i can get in without one (before Jan.), but a Canadian needs one to drive into the U.S.
                Only if you are driving or walking across the border.

If you are entering the US by plane or vessel, you need a passport now.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                  Where do you get a passport anyway? I've always wanted one despite not having plans to travel internationally.
                  Go thru the Post Office, and have passport approved photos ready. Your best bet is going thru the main branch. You will also need a certified copy of your birth certificate.
                  Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I'm hopefully headin out tomorrow to file my papers, etc. I was told it will take 4-6 weeks for me to get the passport.

Comment

You can get one through your post office or nearest courthouse.

Comment

You can print the application from online, bring your birth certificate, 2 passport photos, and a check. Costs about $65.00. Don't sign it until you are told to. If this is your first passport, you have to apply in person. You will get your birth certificate back with your passport. The back log could be long (longer than 6 weeks because of the demand).

Comment

Certain Post Offices in major cities can be faster. That may have changed, but it used to be that you could get a fast turn around out of the main Post Office in LA.
                          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I'm hopefully headin out tomorrow to file my papers, etc. I was told it will take 4-6 weeks for me to get the passport.
                            Don't believe the hype! The passport office is severely overloaded right now and it is routinely taking upwards of 12 weeks. Some people are having to go so far as to call their senator's office to get intervention and help. This is due to the new restrictions mentioned above.

Get that passport VERY early and expect to wait a long time.

More info:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.c..._by_carol.html

Comment

With the expedited service I got my passport in two weeks (got it in the mail last week).
                              Last edited by Caesar; 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6443 users online. 338 members and 6105 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X