• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it THE Kool Aid?

Comment

Buffalo Trace

Comment

Having a very nice 8.99% Imperial toasted coconut milk stout by Hop Works...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Kool Aid...
          There's a lot of Kool Aid going around lately...

I like mine with a hint of Popov vodka. Reminds me of my childhood in the trailer park.

Comment

Tonight started off with Paulaner's Oktoberfest Marzen- it is what we had in the Wildmoser beer tent at Oktoberfest in Munich Germany (in costume), the night before the European delivery of my wife's new custom-ordered BMW Track Pack car at the BMW Welt.

Then it was Deschutes Brewery's most excellent Winter Warmer, Jubelale. Seemed appropriate, after an afternoon of recreating Clark Griswold's Christmas light scene.

And we are finishing our evening with a sparkling Italian Prosecco. It reminds us of our time in Rome, Varese (touring MV Agusta), Maranello (touring Ferrari), San Cesario sul Panaro (visiting Pagani), Modena (touring Maserati and the Enzo Ferrari museum) Bologna (touring Ducati), Sant'Agata Bolognese (touring Lamborghini...and renting one), and finally a long weekend in Venice.
            Last edited by Aidokea; 12-09-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
              Is it THE Kool Aid?
              Yes. THE.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Looks like we are also going to be doing Save The World's "Jonah's Relief" 8.2% imperial pumpkin ale, aged with pumpkin, bourbon-soaked vanilla beans, and spices.

It appears to have been crafted with care...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Kool Aid...
                  I worked with a survivor of the Jonestown Massacre, and it wasn't actually Kool-Aid.
                  Last edited by Aidokea; 12-09-2020, 10:00 PM.

Comment

It was Grape drink, locally made.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Having an 8.5% Scotch Ale by Founders Brewing called "Dirty Bastard". It rates a 91 on Beer Advocate, and I concur...

Comment

Chamomile tea before bed

Comment

Well, if you're offering, I'll pour some Irish: "Medicine. Medicine is what it is. Bona fide cure-all. The mind is a blackboard, and this is the eraser"
                          I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Today I'm having "Black Quad", a 10.5% Belgian Trappist-style Quadrupel from Real Ale Brewing Company...in Texas.

It rates an 89 on Beer Advocate, and I concur...

Comment

Apple Jack
                              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

When we toured England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man, we really enjoyed the pub culture there, where Guinness is almost a religion.

When we were in Dublin, we stayed in the Temple Bar District, and visited the Guinness Storehouse at the Guinness St. James Gate brewery- it's like Disneyland for those fond of Irish Dry Stouts.

Tonight I'm having Guiness Extra Stout. As I will explain, it's not my favorite Irish Dry Stout, it's just the best one that I can obtain locally.

It seems that most people who are not beer geeks, don't realize that there are numerous Irish Dry Stouts brewed by Guinness- they are generally only familiar with the weakest version, the 4.2% Guinness Draught, which is like black-colored water. It only rates an 82 on Beer Advocate.

The 5.6% Extra Stout version (the one I'm having tonight), actually has some flavor. It rates an 85 on Beer Advocate. I don't generally drink anything that rates under about a 90, but like I said, this is the best one I can obtain locally.

The 7.5% Foreign Extra Stout (in 4-packs with yellow labels) is my favorite Irish Dry Stout. It rates a 91 on Beer Advocate, but it's not available to me locally.
                                Last edited by Aidokea; 12-15-2020, 03:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4487 users online. 285 members and 4202 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X