300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF - Bay Area sky turns orange.

Townie,,,,,no tricycle race practice today......
    Last edited by BTDT2; 09-09-2020, 02:19 PM.

Fires in SoCal.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Los Angeles was like that yesterday morning. We had overcast and no ocean breeze overnight, so the smoke from the San Bernardino fires 60 miles inland spread all the way to the beach, turning the morning sky muddy brown. It wasn't until the afternoon when the day heated up and ocean breezes started that the smoke was blown back inland and we had white overcast again.

BTDT2 - nice shot of the Egyptian Consulate (That's what we used to tell tourists it was when I lived in the city.)
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It’s after 1pm and the sky still looks orange.
        semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Fires in SoCal.
          No Santa Cruz Wharf trip today, air quality probably just as unhealthy.

Comment

No smoke smell, just orange skies in SCZ.

Comment

Nah. Just another gender reveal party in the Bay Area -- gender to be chosen at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2
                Townie,,,,,no tricycle race practice today......
                Good! It just hasn't been the same since the face mask requirement. Makes me feel so....clothed.

Sturgis was a bummer, too. No face mask required...but full frontal nudity is frowned upon.

Comment

There are huge wildfires all up and down the west coast right now

CA has more acreage burned so far this year, than they did in the entire year last year (and last year was extremely bad)

SoCal hasnt had any bad Santa Ana wind events yet either, which we will be getting from now to about Jan of next year

The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I used to watch a syndicated tv program at 2 in the morning called Jack Van Impe Presents. Jack and his wife Rexella would broadcast from their basement studio and read various headlines (trouble in the Middle east! Russia has a new atomic missile!) then correlate to a passage in scripture which foresaw whatever calamity (usually from the Book of Revelations). It was great entertainment after a night of pounding beers (I'm not sure if it's still on anymore, as my days of drinking til 2am are long over.)

Wildfires torching entire towns... pandemic infecting millions... upheaval in the streets... maybe Jack and Rexella were on to something with their End of Days predictions...
                    What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...lanned-attack/
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Hmmmmm....I remember JTTF/JRIC sending out email alerts/BOLO about this very topic 10+ years ago

Comment

Y'all better start raking your leaves!

From an expert on the matter:

I see again, the forest fires are starting. They’re starting again in California. And I said, you’ve got to clean your floors. You’ve got to clean your forests.

California has many, many years of leaves and broken trees. And they’re like, like so flammable. You touch them and it goes up. I’ve been telling them this now for three years, but they don’t want to listen.

But they have massive fires again in California. Maybe we’re just going to have to make them pay for it, because they don’t listen to us. We say you got to get rid of the leaves, you got to get rid of the debris, you got to get rid of the fallen trees.

Comment

We're just outside of Portland, and we're being told to get ready to evacuate. We've filled our tanks (including a 5-gallon fuel jug for our portable generator), stocked up on water, toilet paper, food, cash, ammo, and beer. We just dropped off a bunch of water and energy bars at the local fire station. We're back home now, just trying to stay indoors with the windows closed unless and until they tell us to evacuate. There are reports of looting already...
                            Last edited by Aidokea; 09-10-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                              Hmmmmm....I remember JTTF/JRIC sending out email alerts/BOLO about this very topic 10+ years ago
                              Yep. Intel never goes away...it’s just forgotten.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4220 users online. 251 members and 3969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X