300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faces of Death?

Because of the whole dog fighting incident with Mike Vick, on the radio I keep hearing references to what I guess is a video called "Faces of Death" and about how terrible it is. They're also saying it's really bad because young children are seeing it. Any insight into what exactly this is?

LOL Oh my... I haven't heard about that movie in a looong time.

Back in the 80's (maybe a little earlier) there were these movies that came out called "Faces of Death". They showed people doing things like eating monkey brains (and showed them actually killing monkey), autopsy photos, and stuff like that. Mind you, they packaged it in a darker cover with this skull on it to thus enhance the appeal to the macabre teenage crowd. They were quite graphic (at least for their time, now most kids probably wouldn't bat an eyelash) and grisly.
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

http://tafkac.org/movies/faces_of_death_review.html
      Leave Space Empty

Comment

It was, as I recall, film footage of actual executions and accidental deaths of PEOPLE, and of animals. Nothing against the law, just ugly to see.

Side note: Rumor has it there's a Hollywood celeb who likes to have girls walk on his back while he watches video footage of people dying.
        Last edited by Kieth M.; 05-28-2007, 01:04 PM.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

there was part I, part II and part III.

don't forget the autopsy of "an actual alien"....
          ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
          -- John Wayne

Comment

Yeah Katz i was thinking that! I remember that from soooo many years ago. There were many rumors that alot of it was fake. I never saw any of it and never wanted to.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faces_of_Death

Comment

I remember watching them when I was younger. They were pretty gruesome. Remember the one where the guy parachutes into the alligator farm. OOPS!
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by centralTMC View Post
                  Because of the whole dog fighting incident with Mike Vick, on the radio I keep hearing references to what I guess is a video called "Faces of Death" and about how terrible it is. They're also saying it's really bad because young children are seeing it. Any insight into what exactly this is?
                  Some how I have heard the same name of the video that they have due to the graph content of the dog fighting, and as the name inplies, its dog killing dog to get out of the ring.

I would LOVE to be a person on tht jury. Send the person in to a ring and let the dog tear a copuple new ones.....
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

I watched all of them "back in the day" the one about the Monkey that one was very bad to see makes me sick even thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                      Some how I have heard the same name of the video that they have due to the graph content of the dog fighting, and as the name inplies, its dog killing dog to get out of the ring.

I would LOVE to be a person on tht jury. Send the person in to a ring and let the dog tear a copuple new ones.....
                      I agree!! Put the person in with the dog...see who comes out hurtin

And yes, to the poster who mentioned the ALien Autopsy...i remember watching that, sadly...gahhhh... LOL

Comment

"Faces of Death, also released under the title The Original Faces of Death, is a 1978 mondo film, lasting roughly 105 minutes, which guides viewers through explicit scenes depicting a variety of ways to die. It is often billed as Banned in 40 Countries, with that number varying with the years. The film has, in fact, been banned (at least temporarily) in New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Finland."

"Although several of the "human death" scenes are obviously faked, some of the footage is genuine. Famous scenes of death from the media are included, such as stock footage of a napalm bombing in Vietnam, various newsreel footage, and wartime footage of Hitler. Also featured are the actual on-camera deaths of a variety of animals, including seals being clubbed to death and animals being killed on the slaughterhouse line."

"A noted scene includes the killing of a monkey, which is then prepared and served to patrons of a gourmet restaurant. This scene is faked. Most camera angles don't actually show the monkey's head, simple film editing makes this part realistic.
                        "

-From Wikipedia
                        "Nuts" ---Lieutenant General Harry Kinnard

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2437 users online. 138 members and 2299 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X