Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for me

this happend last thursday.
    I had my oil changed about 3 weeks ago, and I had noticed my brakes squeeked when I stopped some times. I got that honda in Jan, so I asked for them to look at it. I was told then that I needed new break pads, I had only a very small amount left. My first words after that was, WARRANTY. They said, no $145. thats not covered.

Tuesday, they squeeked again, which reminded me of that conversation, so I called the finacail manger about my warrenty, and he said- 100% covered, talk to this person and have it fixed. no problem.
    I got there thursday, and all of a sudden, I no longer needed break pads (which is shoes in the back-which is what was squeeking) I just needed them cleaned. So, being the wonderful dealer that this is, they were going to clean the pads and resurface the roters.
    After about 30 minutes or so of waiting, the service man comes back to me, and says....(priceless)
    "Ms. chickeee, when we were cleaning the pads, they are cracking and have some crumbling going on due to the heat. We are just going to REPLACE ALL FOUR, along with the roters being resurfaced. AND ITS COVERED."

Right after that conversation, I saw the manger that I spoke to on the phone and he restated tht all this was under warrenty.
    Funny, when I pushed the issue, and knew it was to be free, I didnt have the problems they first said. Then it bit them hard and became a bigger problem and more expinsive, that could have hard ramifications if not fixed. I, personally was going to let them finsh cleaning and resurfacing and then file a compliant because they told me one thing, and when it came under warrenty it was something totally differant.

Isn't nice to be a female, KNOW your about to get screwed and then have it cost THEM DOUBLE for the problem they were trying to get out of??? *snicker snicker*

I had almost a $1000 worth of work done when I thought it was only $145.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Good for you Chick! It's amazing how they can discover the real problem when the customer knows what he/she is talking about! I would have still talked to the manager about the initial quote sounds like they were giving you the run around.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Good for you!

Sometimes its hard for me to open my mouth and say something - after many years of not doing it. But when i do, it reminds me why i HAVE to!! lol...

good job

Comment

Reminds me of when I was car shopping a few years back.

I went to a dealer to look at cars. The young salesman asked if I needed help. I said yes and told him what I was looking for.

He said "You should probably come back with your husband or father to help you."

Needless to say, I left immediately.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

Originally posted by MEA0306 View Post
          Reminds me of when I was car shopping a few years back.

I went to a dealer to look at cars. The young salesman asked if I needed help. I said yes and told him what I was looking for.

He said "You should probably come back with your husband or father to help you."

Needless to say, I left immediately.
          Wow. "Here's your sign." I don't imagine that guy's still selling cars.
          If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

At a dodge dealership in the city where I lived, I test drove a particular car, didn't like it and told the salesperson the reason why. Not enough pick up going up a SMALL incline. Got back and started to look at another vehicle and the salesperson says "Maybe you ought to come back with your husband so he can test drive the car." I asked to see the manager and told him the story and added that the car will be mine, paid for (all of it, as I saved enough to buy it outright) by me. The salesperson's comment was very demeaning to women His reply was sorry Hon. (Ugh my name is not Hon.)Had to turn away shaking my head. When will they learn, we do have brains and our own money.
            If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Originally posted by taz1802 View Post
              When will they learn, we do have brains and our own money.
              About the same time we pack both up, along with the associated T&A, and find more civilized company. There's no need to subsidize stupidity, or allow it to breed.
              They're called 'learning opportunities'.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3299 users online. 163 members and 3136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X