300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Angst

I'm going to vent, but also ask some questions.

Do you believe that your job has to mean something to you? Do you believe that most people HATE their jobs, and HATE going to work each day?

I hate my job, and i hate going to work. To the point that i miss time - weeks at a time - without getting paid (i have a medical excuse for my severe osteoarthritis in my knees).

Yes, the pain in my knees is part of it. But i just hate going. Its an easy job, great money and benefits, and i have 8 years until retirement. Can a person force themselves to last in misery for that amount of time?

I dont know if i could ever forgive myself if i quit just to look for something that satisfied me. I have done volunteer work to get that feeling of actually "mattering" in the world, but right now with the pain i'm in, i cant go out and do much more than i'm already doing - which isnt much...

The only real reason i'm there is for the medical coverage, i really dont even need to make as much money as i make there, but if i give it up, will i hate myself over it?? (yeah, i know, i need therapy )

I have checked into buying my own health coverage, but its sooo expensive. I'll be 50 in 2 years, and i could get AARP medical, but they dont have a plan in NJ.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks.

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
    I'm going to vent, but also ask some questions.

Do you believe that your job has to mean something to you? Do you believe that most people HATE their jobs, and HATE going to work each day?

I hate my job, and i hate going to work. To the point that i miss time - weeks at a time - without getting paid (i have a medical excuse for my severe osteoarthritis in my knees).

Yes, the pain in my knees is part of it. But i just hate going. Its an easy job, great money and benefits, and i have 8 years until retirement. Can a person force themselves to last in misery for that amount of time?

I dont know if i could ever forgive myself if i quit just to look for something that satisfied me. I have done volunteer work to get that feeling of actually "mattering" in the world, but right now with the pain i'm in, i cant go out and do much more than i'm already doing - which isnt much...

The only real reason i'm there is for the medical coverage, i really dont even need to make as much money as i make there, but if i give it up, will i hate myself over it?? (yeah, i know, i need therapy )

I have checked into buying my own health coverage, but its sooo expensive. I'll be 50 in 2 years, and i could get AARP medical, but they dont have a plan in NJ.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks.
    I do love my job and I can't imagine doing anything else. I believe alot of people hate their jobs and most people hate us and our jobs.

I can think of a few guys I work with that hate their jobs with a passion. My only thought is why don't they retire or leave. I mean they hate the job with all their heart and it is tearing them apart.

I do understand that the more time you spend in a job the harder it is to leave if you don't like it simply because one goal of working is to work towards retirement. I would hate to think that I hate my job with the time I have invested in it. To start a career over and have to put in all the years towards retirement would not be fun.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I used to like my job, then I realized that people in my town are among the rudest I have ever met. For $9.35/h I shouldn't have to take the kind of abuse that I do. Yes, have pity on me, I work at WalMart, where people freak because they're too stupid enough to grab a piece of clothing with a tag, and then chew you out for 15 minutes about how much your store sucks....yet they are back the very next day. I just don't get it.
      Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

I love my job and couldn't see myself doing anything else. I don't know why anyone would work or do something the truly hate. You only get 1 life why waste it being miserable? Good luck!
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I hate working. I dont want to work and the thought of work makes my skin crawl.

I have filled potholes, cut grass and landscaped, Worked a line in a factory making light bulbs, even delivered beer for a few weeks. All that is work, I didnt like any of it.

What I do now isnt a job. I love it and would do anything else.
          It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3011 users online. 179 members and 2832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X