X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerseyshorecop
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2005

Nicknames

On my little stretch of beach we love nicknames and in twenty years I've heard alot of them so I'll post a few in hopes that others might share some of their own.

Capt. Morgan.......a Capt. who loved rum.....and pretty much anything else with alcohol in it....

Rump and Dump the roast beef twins......Two Dicks who never seemed to be parted

Slappy.......A somewhat overzealous officer

Bucket ***.....a Officer with a peach shaped body

Psycho or Psycho-Killer......A Sgt who'd been out in the rain way too long

Ghandi or Monkey ***......a rather small dispatcher

South Side Jimmy......A Patrolman who was once banished to a remote district

Das Bunker......The Chief's office

No-Cherry Cheri........A local woman of dubious morals

The red-headed stepchild.......A redheaded patrolman

The Hitler Youth........Various Special Officers who might have been overzealous

Mad Dog......a 90 lbs soaking wet Special Officer

Two Gun Tommy.......A Officer who routinely carried a back up or throw down
  • exComptonCop
    perspicacious pedagogue
    • Nov 2006

I actually worked with one or more of the following...

inspector gadget...a guy who carries every single piece of police equipment known to man, on his Sam brown

hobo cop...a cop who looks like he sleeps in his uniform, never showers, and smells of feet

Jonny Handsome...a guy you'd swear got into LE just to meet girls

the slapper...when his sentence began with "I gonna slap you!" he usually did

coward of the county...a sergeant afraid of his own shadow

backing Charlie...a cop with A.D.D. who would spend his shift off beat, backing other cops on routine calls
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

• RR_Security
      Student of Gerbil Voodoo
      • Sep 2006

Okay, they're fictional characters, but something tells me that some of the names in Joseph Wambaugh books might have been hung on real people at one time or another: "the Bad Czech," "Jane Wayne," and "Whattayamean Dean."

If Joe ever saw this thread, he'd pick up some good ideas from the previous two posts. Funny stuff.
      --
      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

• pulicords
        "Retired"
        • Jan 2006

There's a guy a work work that I regularly refer to as, "The Wizard of Obs." He doesn't miss a thing!
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

• katzeyze
          Army wife supreme
          • Feb 2007

Ohhh boy... If I happened to want to borrow one of these fellas for use in my novel is it okay? I promise to give you credit.
          R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
          I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

• IMachU

I've HEARD we have a tall officer, and a shorter female officer partnered up (a few years ago)....known as "Pinky and the Brain"

Comment

• Jellybean400
              gone
              • Jan 2005

This thread is cool.

In my ex-husband's department they had tons of nicknames, but i cant remember most of them.

I do remember "Krazy Krough," (his last name) which didnt end up too funny, because he comitted suicide

And "Housecat," a large, older male dispatcher who barely moved all day/nite. I loved that name.

Then there was "The Blender," a girl who many of the state police loved to get with. What a nasty name...

Comment

• mac266
                F This Place
                • Nov 2004

My whole shift shares nicknames. I'm "Shooter," because I'm THE quintessential gun nut. I collect guns, shoot guns, have them custom made, and compete in three different shooting competitions. I reload my own ammo (my garage is a small factory), and spend my free time teaching people how to shoot. Shooter fits.

We have "Cojack," a bald white guy.

"Tank" went to the academy with me. You can guess why he's called Tank.

Tank's twin is "Schrek," for the same reasons.

"Hot Chocolate" is a Black playboy. He named himself

"Melvis" was a play on the guy's real name, combined with Elvis. He has chops, man, real chops in 2007.

There are a few others, but I've been up for about 30 hours. Why am I still here???
                MAC

Comment

• Irishluck31
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2006

We have eartquake, hes the guy who causes movment on the rictor scale with every step. We also call him break time and pork rine.

Ape, he the guy whos arms are so hairy he has to use a straight wire mic because the coil pulls the hair out of his arm. I called him "ouch" when he had a coiled one.

Sis and slick are the same guy. Every winter he slips on ice and falls causeing overtime.

Gordzilla, guy with huge head.

Miss Peepers, Dispatcher with the squeeky voice.

Barrowed Time, the cop who cant stop getting stabbed.

Barrowed time two, the dispatcher who like to choke on her food.

Pink Slip, the guy who is going to get fired he just doesnt realize it yet.
                  It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

• 1042 Trooper
                    This Can't Be!
                    • Feb 2006

We had...

"Back Door Eddie" - had to do with his sexual preferences. 'Nuff said.
                    "Butt Monkey" - This guy had a "but" for every opinion.
                    "The Flaming Quill" - He wrote everything that moved.
                    "Weasel" - ALways found a way to avoid flipping the dinner check.
                    "Skipper" - Retired Naval Officer who joined the patrol
                    "Pencil Neck Floyd" - Looked like a 95 lb weakling but held a seventh degree black belt in Kempo Karate. We used to have him go in forst to bar fights
                    "Suck Up Buck" - Every department has one.
                    "Tree" - This was mine for obvious reasons at 6'10"
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

• pulicords
                      "Retired"
                      • Jan 2006

We have a "Tree" too. A female officer about 5-11. We had an officer who through no fault of his own had several prisoners hang themselves in the jail while he was the supervisor there. His designated nickname: "The Rope."
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

• LCPLPunk
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2006

The guys in my old Army unit used to call me Luscious..not sure why though, maybe they liked me.. :P
                        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

• 1042 Trooper
                          This Can't Be!
                          • Feb 2006

We had an officer who through no fault of his own had several prisoners hang themselves in the jail while he was the supervisor there. His designated nickname: "The Rope."
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

• nctroop14
                            30 Weeks People!
                            • Apr 2005

Hahahaha this is a good thread.....

Me and a guy I work on the same shift with just got the first new Dodge Chargers in the county so they dubbed us "Hustle and Flo"....(After some movie)

I worked with a guy who was about 5'3 but acted like he was 7'3 so we called him "Small and that's all"...

Patrol School is where we had the BEST nicknames!!
                            - "Beetlejuice" an ugly guy
                            - "Shrek" a big guy with a big head and little ears
                            - We had two male instructors who were real close and looked the same and they were mean as hell so we called them "Uday and Qusay" (S. Hussein's 2 sons)
                            - We called our Sgt. who was even meaner "Sgt Satan"
                            - "Pootie" this guy who ALWAYS had gas (He almost made me quit b/c he stunk so bad)

I could go on.....
                            "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

• Jellybean400
                              gone
                              • Jan 2005

LMAO @"Pootie"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12098 users online. 76 members and 12022 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...