Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever gotten any calls involving pizza deliveries?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baysidegal
    replied
    Originally posted by Dobokdude View Post

Damn. That's the scary and sad thing about it. Nowadays alot of deliveries are paid over the phone via entering credit/debit card info into the computer. We drivers are given our $20 ''bank''(change) and we just have that and whatever other cash we might get from orders. On average it's no more than $50, certainly not work 7 years to life for murder/manslaughter.

BTW, are you a female cop?
    was

Leave a comment:

• Dobokdude
    replied
    Originally posted by westside popo View Post
    The only one I recall was at Ft Hood when I was a MP in the 90s.

It was at the 13th COSCOM barracks, nicknamed the "Jungle" due to all the crazy stuff that happened there.

Someone ordered a pizza and when the driver showed up they kicked his *** and stole the pizza. Can't remember if they stole his money. Apparently it wasn't the first time that happened there. CID staked it out after that one. The victim was another soldier trying to earn extra income to get out of debt.
    I'm trying to get out of the food delivery business to be honest lol. I'm sure that almost happened to me:

https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...umped-murdered

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    The only one I recall was at Ft Hood when I was a MP in the 90s.

It was at the 13th COSCOM barracks, nicknamed the "Jungle" due to all the crazy stuff that happened there.

Someone ordered a pizza and when the driver showed up they kicked his *** and stole the pizza. Can't remember if they stole his money. Apparently it wasn't the first time that happened there. CID staked it out after that one. The victim was another soldier trying to earn extra income to get out of debt.

Leave a comment:

• Dobokdude
    replied
    Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
    Steven Robert Rutherford
    September 19, 1988 – EOW January 12, 1994

Three classes from completing his engineering degree at Old Dominion University, Steven Rutherford was unable to ignore the call any longer. He joined the Newport News Police Department as an Auxiliary Officer and 17 months later, he became a full-time patrolman. Officer Rutherford excelled in his chosen profession and earned the nickname “Pac Man” for his relentless pursuit of drug dealers. On January 12, 1994, Officer Rutherford was shot and killed while posing as a pizza deliveryman in an undercover operation to stop a string of pizza delivery robberies. He was just 28 years old.
    RIP to that guy.

Leave a comment:

• phillyrube
    replied
    Steven Robert Rutherford
    September 19, 1988 – EOW January 12, 1994

Three classes from completing his engineering degree at Old Dominion University, Steven Rutherford was unable to ignore the call any longer. He joined the Newport News Police Department as an Auxiliary Officer and 17 months later, he became a full-time patrolman. Officer Rutherford excelled in his chosen profession and earned the nickname “Pac Man” for his relentless pursuit of drug dealers. On January 12, 1994, Officer Rutherford was shot and killed while posing as a pizza deliveryman in an undercover operation to stop a string of pizza delivery robberies. He was just 28 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Dobokdude
    replied
    Originally posted by orangebottle View Post
    When it comes to weird pizza delivery incidents, nothing trumps this, in my opinion:

The Death of Brian Wells
    Damn that's some Hollywood level ****.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Yes, recently received a call regarding my order, they ran out of Boneless Chicken and ask if they could substitute with BBQ Wings.

Seriously In my venue pizza delivery drivers are relatively unprotected and vulnerable. Often victims of robbery and assault.
    We once received a phone call from a local pizza joint asking to verify an online order of "100 bacon lovers pizzas and 50 pulled pork sandwiches". My guys were disappointed that I didn't confirm the order.

Leave a comment:

• Dobokdude
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Yes, recently received a call regarding my order, they ran out of Boneless Chicken and ask if they could substitute with BBQ Wings.

Seriously In my venue pizza delivery drivers are relatively unprotected and vulnerable. Often victims of robbery and assault.
    Relevant:

https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...umped-murdered

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Ever gotten any calls involving pizza deliveries?

Leave a comment:

• Dobokdude
    replied
    Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
    Had a call once for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival the Pizza Delivery driver was shot and robbed. He was transported to the hospital but unfortunately did not make it. From what I remember the doers used a random address and hid until he arrived then shot him and went through his pockets taking all his money before running off. If I remember correctly they got less then $20
    Damn. That's the scary and sad thing about it. Nowadays alot of deliveries are paid over the phone via entering credit/debit card info into the computer. We drivers are given our $20 ''bank''(change) and we just have that and whatever other cash we might get from orders. On average it's no more than $50, certainly not work 7 years to life for murder/manslaughter.

BTW, are you a female cop?

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Damn waste.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

What happened to the pizza?
    As I recall it was found on the floor

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Not my call, not my agency but about 15 yrs ago a pizza delivery man was murdered by a couple in a neighboring county.

Both were convicted of 1st Degree Murder
    What happened to the pizza?

Leave a comment:

• Baysidegal
    replied
    Had a call once for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival the Pizza Delivery driver was shot and robbed. He was transported to the hospital but unfortunately did not make it. From what I remember the doers used a random address and hid until he arrived then shot him and went through his pockets taking all his money before running off. If I remember correctly they got less then $20

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied

Care to elaborate?
    Inside joke, relating to a mental subject that has been posting on these forums for a little while. He was a delivery driver for Domino's.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6600 users online. 461 members and 6139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X