Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While delivering pizzas I'm pretty sure I narrowly avoided being jumped/murdered...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While delivering pizzas I'm pretty sure I narrowly avoided being jumped/murdered...

Hey yall. So while in community college I work as a pizza driver for Domino's(with Uber Eats/Instacart, etc on the side) I got off my night shift at Domino's. However that night while it could've been nothing, there was a delivery that was signs of some bad ****.

Basically I drove to this house not far from where the highway cuts through the downtown area. The strip of downtown was a kinda ghetto(homeless tweakers are common, occasionally see one with no pants or *underwear*) so lots of the houses were one stories with dried glass lawns. This house was similarly so. Imagine a one story pink/baige house with the garage facing the street, the front door facing down the street and inbetween that the living room window. The place was kinda dark around the outside with little cover from streetlights.

I went to the little front porch and knocked but got no answer. I then called but at first heard what sounded like phone interference but as I was telling the person that I couldn't understand them, they started saying "yes you can" and the guy started talking about how he's handicapped and that he's tried to get up a few times but couldn't, and that I had to go through the living room area to his bedroom to give him the food. I told him it's against company policy due to liability reasons for drivers to go into houses(also my common sense was tingling). He said screw company policy and that he wasn't gonna kill me(he said this about 3 times). I asked him if there was anyone who could get the pizza to him and he said "I don't know", but when I asked if he was home alone he said yes. I raised an eyebrow at this and then basically told him it wasn't gonna happen and hung up.

I mean, first off if you find yourself not being unable to get up to get a pizza, you need to call 911(like on the LifeAlert commercials) instead of a freaking pizza place. Plus how did you leave your door unlocked and especially since you aren't that far from the not-so-good part of town at night? As I was walking away I saw through the window that the inside was mostly dark with feint light coming from a room towards the back.

After dropping off the other pizza I had with me I went back to the place and told my MODs. They were both cool and understanding of it and said that the actual policy actually does discourage us from going into residences aside from the front door. That address has ordered before but that time there was actually someone to get the pizza, but main MOD said it was best to not take a chance considering what I said.

TL;DR Possibly almost walked into dangerous trap by an allegedly "handicapped" individual in house near the hood.

Thoughts?

You were gonna get your booty touched

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
      You were gonna get your booty touched
      For real?

Comment

Originally posted by Dobokdude View Post

For real?
        Should have went in to find out.

All jokes aside you made the right call. Always listen to your instinct. Might want to inform local PD about it as well. Just as an informational

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8427 users online. 390 members and 8037 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X