X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land of the free my a double s!

WTF is the story with THIS **** !?!

Are these stats TRUE !?!

I blame DACRONIAN DRUG LAWS on this deplorable situation.

I am not trying to start a flame war, and I am not anti-cop, but these statistics were very disturbing to me, and I wondered how many LEO's were aware of them.

I am interested in the veiw points of LEOs on this situatiuon. This seemed like the place to ask...

...Know Fear...

Could it be that we lock ours up instead of caning, dismembering, stoning, whipping, impaling, beheading, shooting, beating, dumping them in the nearest body of water, or whatever form of punishment is the local custom?

Comment

Perhaps we have a slightly higher dirtbag to honest citizen ratio than most countries?

Comment

Statistics can be "massaged" to fit any given criteria. If you want something to look a certain way, it's not really hard to do. I'm VERY wary of stats like these.

Comment

I'll be starting my last semester in criminal justice here in a few days and from what I can remember those stats seem relatively close to what i've read/heard in class. The War on Drugs was probably the biggest factor in those rates. :P
          "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Dont forget that "Incarceration" in some cases mean Parole or Probation as well in the US, so the guy is incarcerated, but not actually locked up. With regards to crime reporting we are very accurate where as some of the developing counrties are not even close. Also, honor killings are legal in a lot of these countries, Drug offenses are punishable by death or deportation, at which time the criminal is no longer reported. There are tons of reasons why.
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Death or deportation? Huh, maybe that's something WE should start doing.
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Hey Dog Boy....
                feel free to be jailed in one of those other countries....
                no cable tv, AC, 3 hots and a cot...
                our criminals have it made, no matter what their crime was!
                "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep View Post
                  Death or deportation? Huh, maybe that's something WE should start doing.
                  Where we gonna deport them to, most of our drug dealers are native born. As far as death for drug dealers, I really would like to believe we are better than that. Murder and rape are a diferent story.

Remember, we are talking about buttcrackistan and countries of that sort. Developing countries as they like to refer to themselves. We are already devloped.

But whatever, lets kill everone.
                  It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                    Where we gonna deport them to, most of our drug dealers are native born. As far as death for drug dealers, I really would like to believe we are better than that. Murder and rape are a diferent story.

Remember, we are talking about buttcrackistan and countries of that sort. Developing countries as they like to refer to themselves. We are already devloped.

But whatever, lets kill everone.
                    BUTTCRACKISTAN!
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

buttcrackistan
                      I like that... can I steal that one?

On a more serious note. How does one make the mental leap to conclude that this is the "draconian" drug laws? Call me silly, but it seems to me that the ones who are really to blame are the criminals. Our drug laws are in line with many other countries. The Netherlands is about the only exception. I'm Dutch and even I don't get them at times.

If you think our laws are so tough and so harsh, please feel free to move to one of the fine countries listed there in that statistic. Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Cuba all seem like nice places to live with lovely weather if you don't mind civil unrest and being serenaded by gunfire all the rest of your live long days!
                      R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                      I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Oh, there are hundreds of reasons for this. Largely the war on drugs, but we are an aggressive culture. Sorry Europe, it's just how we are. If you want crime free you can go to Sweden..

WHom...if you're lucky might let you in.

There is also the immigrant/societal class issue. The disparity between the rich and poor in this country is probably as large as the crime gap between the US & Russia.

It also helps that in country like Japan, the concept of "shame" is much stronger than it is here.
                        Considerably.....

83.9 on the Jeff Co. test! Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31
                          Dont forget that "Incarceration" in some cases mean Parole or Probation as well in the US, so the guy is incarcerated, but not actually locked up. With regards to crime reporting we are very accurate where as some of the developing counrties are not even close. Also, honor killings are legal in a lot of these countries, Drug offenses are punishable by death or deportation, at which time the criminal is no longer reported. There are tons of reasons why.
                          [...]Remember, we are talking about buttcrackistan and countries of that sort. Developing countries as they like to refer to themselves.[...]
                          You seriously refer to Spain, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Italy, Germany, France, Denmark, Norway, and Japan as "developing counrties" and "buttcrackistan and countries of that sort"?

Comment

Double post
                            Last edited by Irishluck31; 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM.
                            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Prussian View Post
                              You seriously refer to Spain, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Italy, Germany, France, Denmark, Norway, and Japan as "developing counrties" and "buttcrackistan and countries of that sort"?
                              Nope I sure did not. I dont think I mentioned any country at all. I could be wrong though. If I did mention a country, please name the country I mentioned and I will send a formal appology on my own personal letter head.

The countries YOU mentioned are certainly not third world countries. Why is it that you didnt mention the others. Could it be that you actually knew the countries I was talking about, but chose to be argumentative instead of watching passively.

Tell ya what, go argue with someone who might actually care about your opinion.
                              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3254 users online. 147 members and 3107 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X