300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What watch do you wear for duty?

I'm looking for a new watch and a friend of mine suggested the Luminox Navy SEALS Dive watch and i was also looking at the Casio G Shock Waveceptor. What do you guys wear or what can you suggest for under around 200.00

I don't wear a watch on-duty. I've broken too many of them over the years. If I had to wear a watch, it would be a cheap $20.00 timex.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

When I was working, I went to the old "FEDCO" store and saw a Seiko digital with time elapse, stop watch, alarm features and it was waterproof to 10 meters. I paid $22.00. It went through a couple of motorcycle accidents, a few combat situations and is still working today. Nearly thirty years later. All I do is change the battery every two years.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I have a watch I got at target for $5, one of the best watches I ever had. If it gets broken, so what. I can't imagine why someone would wear a $200 watch to work, but knock your self out. You must get paid more than me.

Comment

Gshock or Triathelon Timex

Originally posted by Highwaystreets View Post
          I'm looking for a new watch and a friend of mine suggested the Luminox Navy SEALS Dive watch and i was also looking at the Casio G Shock Waveceptor. What do you guys wear or what can you suggest for under around 200.00
          Those Casio Gshocks are amazing and at $60 probably the toughest watches on the face of the earth. Id sell them for casio with the stories I have, never broken one only had to replace the pins in the bands. In 13 years L.E and Marine Corps grunt always outside living for over 4yrs Ive had 2 Gshocks and had to get the second one because I lost the first one.
          The timex triathelon i have was a gift from my wife when she was my girlfriend and it's smaller and more comfortable with sleeved uniform shirts..
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yah i was never a huge fan of the gshock until i really began looking at them, they make some nice stuff for pretty cheap, especially on ebay.

Comment

Indiglo Expedition for 40 bucks
              Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                I don't wear a watch on-duty. I've broken too many of them over the years. If I had to wear a watch, it would be a cheap $20.00 timex.
                I agree with SlowDown, in part. But if you must wear a watch, go with one that's not going to cost you alot. Personally, I wear one that's inexpensive and displays the time in both 12 and 24 hour format. I live, eat, and sleep in 24 hour time format. My kids hate it when I talk to them using the 24 hour format, but hey, it gives them something to figure out.

Comment

Wore the G-Shock through tons of s---. This thing is pretty tuff..... Have had mine for 3 yrs now.

Comment

G-Shock. The only watch I have not been able to break.

Comment

i'm cheap, i get the black "Military" watches from Sportsman's Giude ($11.00 IIRC) if it gets lost or broken (Hasnt yet, this one's been going for almost 3 years) it's no sweat to replace.

Comment

Casio ProTrek. Basically the same as the G-Shock only slightly bigger and with a few more functions. I like the compass.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

$15 walmart special.. if it gets broken or blood on it... in the garbage it goes !

Comment

I was given one of those $200 dollar watches from my girlfriend at the time, when I graduated from the academy. Years later, it's still in pristine condition. It has been banged around quite a bit in it's time. Smith & Wesson makes a watch just like the Seal watch by the way.
                            "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

G-Shock all the way. Ive had this thing for a little over year and I dont think that I will get a different brand. It was on sale at JCPenny 2 days after I got it from Ranger Joes....there was about a $50 dollar difference. It can definitely handle some extreme conditions. I work in the missile field in Montana doing nuclear security and this bad boy has been through -65 degree weather with no problems, been slammed around in the armory, I've gone swimming, hunting, and fishin' with it, and through plenty of rough exercises!!! I dont think that there is a better watch out there for the price that it is offered at.
                              Mama said these was my magic shoes. Mama said they'd take me anywhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3277 users online. 150 members and 3127 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X