• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius satellite making cops job harder

SIRIUS Satellite Radio reactivating stolen radios

CBS News Special Report
    http://wbztv.com/seenon/local_story_033222735.html

Take a look at that cops website, very cool

Very interesting. Very frustrating for those of us in law enforcement.
    Smile, It could be worse!

Comment

I wonder what idiot at sirius made that decision. You have to report it to the police, OK fine. The police report/incident number verified through the agency by sirius should be enough. They(sirius) then wants the police to subpoena the phone records. WAIST OF TIME! Deactivate the radio until it is returned to the owner(not going to happen) or deactivate it permanently. The company is enabling thieves to commit crimes and not even try to help. It's all about the $$$$.
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I would not WASTE my money on a SIRIUS radio or subscription simply because they hired Howard Stern. He is an absolute idiot IMHO. I would rather listen to Don Imus. Hope he goes to XM!
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

XM and SIRIUS are trying to merge.
          sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Its all about the MONEY...A criminal with a subscription is better than no subscription. They don’t make a profit on the radios themselves but the subscription has a great profit margin. Plus investors look at number of customers. Its like the Cell companies when new customers get better prices that loyal customers because they are locked in for 2 years anyway..
            "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

That is crazy at least cell phone companies do a better job when you report a phone stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                I would not WASTE my money on a SIRIUS radio or subscription simply because they hired Howard Stern. He is an absolute idiot IMHO. I would rather listen to Don Imus. Hope he goes to XM!
                Here's someone after my own heart. I'm an XM subscriber (have been for years now) and I'll never go Sirius simply because they carry that idiot Stern.
                For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
                Faith issues
                Challenging hardcore atheism
                Reasonable Faith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2964 users online. 160 members and 2804 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X