X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who sings that song

the chorus is aberacadabra.....

is it jay giles band
    I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Nope. Steve Miller Band (if we are thinking of the same song).

Starts out:
    I heat up, I can't cool down
    You got me spinnin'
    'Round and 'round
    'Round and 'round and 'round it goes
    Where it stops nobody knows
    Every time you call my name

I know... I am a font of worthless information!
    Last edited by katzeyze; 05-02-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: had something more to say
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyradar View Post
      is it jay giles band
      No. J. Giles did the "Centerfold" song. Dunno who sang the Abracadabra song, and probably wouldn't admit it if I did
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post

Starts out:
        I heat up, I can't cool down
        You got me spinnin'
        'Round and 'round
        'Round and 'round and 'round it goes
        Where it stops nobody knows
        Every time you call my name

[/I]
        It burns...make it stop!

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Oh great Compton! Now I am going to run around all day long with:
          My blood runs cold
          My memory has just been sold
          My angel is the centerfold
          Angel is the centerfold

playing in my head.

Kieth M.

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a little J. Giles band. Is there?
            "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

http://www.links2love.com/love_lyrics_8.htm
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Abra Abra Cadabra, I wanna reach out and grab ya!

One of my favorite bands, got to see em for the first time two years ago here in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep View Post
                  There's nothing wrong with a little J. Giles band. Is there?
                  Absolutely not... brings back all kinds of fun memories . "Freeze Frame" and "The Stroke" by Billy Squire. *sigh* Those were some great nights.

Kieth M.

Comment

brings back all kinds of fun memories . "Freeze Frame" and "The Stroke" by Billy Squire. *sigh*
                    Oh, the humanity!

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

She's right

Originally posted by johnnyradar View Post
                      the chorus is aberacadabra.....

is it jay giles band
                      aberacadabra or however you spell it. the song in the late 80's is the Steve Miller Band..They were big in the late 70's also with Book of dreams and the Steve Miller bands greatest hits with Fly like and Eagle and Space Cowboy (Midnight Joker) and Jungle Love etc
                      Jay Giles first big hit that I heard on vynl was LOVE STINKS which had centerfold on it also. Love stinks goes: You love her, but she loves him, and he loves somebody else, you just cant win, and so it goes, until the day that we die, the thing called love is gonna make you cry...Ive been through diamonds and been through rings all i can say for sure it.....LOVE STINKS,,YEAH YEAH..LOVE STINKS..LOVE STINKS..YEAH YEAH..
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

80s RULE

Absolutely not... brings back all kinds of fun memories . "Freeze Frame" and "The Stroke" by Billy Squire. *sigh* Those were some great nights.
                        I mostly liked heavy metal rock like AC/DC still in my opinion one of the best bands in the world especially when back in black first came out i put it on the turntable and was mezmerized..i was all worried that the new lead singer was gonna suck when bon scott died,,then i heard that angus young riff that starts off for back in black then brian johnson screams with pure unadulterated soul "Back in black, I hit the sack, it's good to know that Im glad to be back," and i was like...things are going to be ok...AC/DC is still it. But others were ok, some mushy music was ok like Journey. Remember Escape with "Stone in love" and "Dont stop Believing"? awesome tunes.
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

The title was misleading, so I'm going to hijack this thread. Name the artist and song WITHOUT cheating and Googling the words. If you post the answer, you put up another song's lyrics for others to guess. I just heard this song and it's stuck in my head.

There's a port on a western bay
                          And it serves about a hundred ships a day
                          Lonely sailors pass the time away
                          And talk about their homes.
                          Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 05-04-2007, 01:54 PM. Reason: Clarity, sorry.

Comment

"And the sailors say Brandy, catch another round..."

Not sure if that's the next lyrics, but i didnt Google it or anything.

The song is Brandy, and i love it

OK, i misunderstood. I think you want lyrics to another song LOL. we used to play "who sang it?" at work ALL nite long... but i cant remember who sang Brandy without Googling...so i wont put up more lyrics...
                            Last edited by Jellybean400; 05-04-2007, 01:50 PM. Reason: i misunderstood...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                              "And the sailors say Brandy, catch another round..."

Not sure if that's the next lyrics, but i didnt Google it or anything.

The song is Brandy, and i love it

OK, i misunderstood. I think you want lyrics to another song LOL. we used to play "who sang it?" at work ALL nite long... but i cant remember who sang Brandy without Googling...so i wont put up more lyrics...
                              I think the band was Looking Glass
                              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4729 users online. 250 members and 4479 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X