Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    Thanks bro. I use a POS 4 megapixel Casio camera about the size of a deck of playing cards. It has a small little 2 or 3X lens. No tripods, flash fillers, SLR, fancy-stuff. All just point-and-shoot.

Thanks again,

EDJ

Leave a comment:

• Highwaystreets
    Guest replied
    All the pictures are really nice indeed, i love #8, it is amazing. What type of camera do you have? it seems to have worked very well (as opposed to my POS)

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    Thanks for all your input everyone. In the end, I decided to submit these three pictures:

AroundTheHeadlands007.jpg

This photo was taken in early 2007. It is a cave on the west side of a prominent feature of an area currently under development. The area is known locally as The Headlands and is located around the point from the Dana Point (CA) marina/harbor in south Orange County, California. This was taken at low tide when people can walk from the Marine Institute around the Headlands to Dana Strands beach.

The Headlands is a prominent geographical feature that was used for hundreds of years to guide ships. For reference, please see the classic book, "Two Years Before The Mast" by Richard Henry (R.H.) Dana.

CIMG0391.jpg

This photo was taken in the winter of 2003/2004. It was taken in Dana Point, CA. The beach below is Strands Beach, while around the bend is a famous surfing beach called Salt Creek. The beautiful building on the cliff top with the large gazebo is the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel.

__________________________________________________ _

Sunset.jpg

This photo was taken in the winter of 2003 / 2004. It was taken in Dana Point, CA from the bluff of the private community called Niguel Shores. The beach below is Dana Strands Beach, while the island at sea is Santa Catalina Island, one of Southern California’s Channel Islands.

I know it is hard to note, but in the foreground amongst the tidepools created by the winter currents removing tons of sand from the beach (only to be replaced in the summer), there are two people walking among the rocks.

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    Very nice pics.
    1,8 and 9 for sure...

Leave a comment:

• concon02
    replied
    2,3 and 8.

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    FWIW--These are all amateur shots, they were taken quite some time ago and with absolutely NO prep. I just lifted up my cheap digital camera, aimed, pushed the button, and went on to the next one.

The contest is an amateur contest of coastal shots, and I can submit up to three. I think they want content over technicality as the contest is not being held by a photgraphic magazine or anything like that.

Thanks for all your advice and input, I really appreciate it. I'm certain I'm gonna submit number 11 (my favorite all time pic, but hated by people on MBWorld due to the large signature file I created with it for a long time, lol), but I'm still undecided on the other two pics.

Thanks again!!

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Seven's the best, but only if I'm fishing in the boat!

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    replied
    I like the most recent one you posted the best! Great colors....

Leave a comment:

• Foxgguy2001
    replied
    I like the sunset pictures, becuase when most people think about what the beach is about, it's either the romance (sunset) or the tranquility of it, I would have liked to have seen something on a bright sunny day, really elegant and crisp.

At present #4

Leave a comment:

• Entre Nous
    replied
    I think the last picture is gorgeous, but to me it doesn't look as clear as the others, especially the rocks or kelp or whatever at the bottom. (I guess the darkness has something to do with that, rather than your photography.) It's also just another view of the horizon with nothing particular of interest (not saying the sunset isn't beautiful) and not as much of a variety of colors.

Truthfully, I think the 1st one is the most unique and interesting. Was it taken in Laguna? All of them are wonderful though, and I'm sure you'll have a good chance with whatever you choose. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• eman2k5
    replied
    #1 should have gotten the whole top of the cave

#2 Lower right looks bad

#3 Top right, that stupid bird makes it looks bad

#4 I like

#5 It looks to simple

#6 Not bad

#7 I like

#8 I like

#9 Maybe you could have changed your angle, The yellow sign doesnt look right in the pic

#10 The lady on the beach, If she wasnt there it would have looked better.

#11 Not bad at all

Thats just my .02, i was trying to be honest. Im no pic pro but thats my opinion

Leave a comment:

• eman2k5
    replied
    I like 8,7, and 4

Leave a comment:

• katzeyze
    replied
    Oh, wow. You my dear are an awesome photographer. I loved 1, 8 and 9 as well. I love sunset photos, but those three just really looked awesome. 10 and your sig pics would be excellent candidates as alternates though.

Leave a comment:

• Entre Nous
    replied
    Originally posted by willowdared View Post
    By cropping, I mean reduce the surrounding background...not that the tower should be center.
    Yah, but I think there's something about it, just the way it is. If anything, maybe a tad off the top.

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    Thanks for your input and votes so far. I'm bummed I can't get my personal favorite into my signature file to share, so I'll post it here and you can tell me what you think of it as compared to the ones you've voted on.

Thanks everyone!!!

EDJ

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3410 users online. 195 members and 3215 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X