300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRA troubles

Is anyone else following the problems that are plaguing the NRA? I’m not a member anymore because I think they’re crooks, but I strongly support the cause. I think Wayne LaPierre needs to go before I would send them a nickel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...ng-11557597601
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Anything published in the mainstream media regarding NRA has to be taken with a grain of salt (more likely a few pounds of salt). Any reporting about NRA that is negative is likely to cause most media folks to wet their shorts while pounding out the next round of attacks.

Problems within NRA? Sure, with over 4 million members, dozens of administrators and public faces, and a level of public scrutiny that no political candidate or party could possibly survive. Problems do not mean corruption or guilt, problems only indicate the normal frictions arising from interactions among a large number of people. The challenge is leadership, and that is where the voting members come into the equation.

NRA was created by act of Congress in 1871 in response to concerns among many Civil War military leaders concerned about firearms skills and training of civilians ready to respond to military needs in time of war. NRA created military firearms training. NRA created law enforcement firearms training. NRA created firearms safety training for the public and children.

Contrary to the common media depiction of NRA as the "gun lobby", purportedly representing the manufacturers of firearms and ammunition, the NRA has an unblemished record of assuring that member dues are used only for NRA programs and activities. The Institute of Legislative Action is the NRA's legislative and lobbying arm, funded only by member contributions designated for those purposes. The only funding NRA receives from gun makers is advertising dollars for magazine and on-line advertisements, just like any other publisher charges.

Without NRA the Second Amendment would have been killed two generations ago, and the rest of the Bill of Rights would have become history.

NRA is a civil rights organization, focused on protecting the right to keep and bear arms legally and responsibly.

Comment

• reils49
      reils49 commented
      Editing a comment
      What does this have to do with their finances?

My problem is not with what the NRA does, it’s with how they are run. If the numbers being reported are true, and they seem to be, any members paying dues should be angry by this. I was a member for years and left because they are always begging you for money, yet corporate executives like LaPierre are ****ing away money like it’s theirs.

Ollie North was the one sounding the alarm initially, not the main stream media. I don’t want to see them go under, but people should be outraged by the corruption.

Comment

Every group asks for money. That’s the norm. You don’t have to send it... that’s not a reason to quit. Ollie North has quite the scammer/fraud background.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        My problem is not with what the NRA does, it’s with how they are run. If the numbers being reported are true, and they seem to be, any members paying dues should be angry by this. I was a member for years and left because they are always begging you for money, yet corporate executives like LaPierre are ****ing away money like it’s theirs.

Ollie North was the one sounding the alarm initially, not the main stream media. I don’t want to see them go under, but people should be outraged by the corruption.
        "Corruption" is an easy word to say or write on a forum. May we see your evidence of corruption?

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post

"Corruption" is an easy word to say or write on a forum. May we see your evidence of corruption?
          That’s a 60 second google search. Feel free to look for yourself if you don’t believe any of it.

Please tell me how everything is great, when subpoenas are being served, you have a 6 figure daily legal bill, and the spending habits of your second in command could jeopardize your tax status? I’m curious.

I hope they clean house, the cause is too important, but if they let greed get in the way it’s just more ammunition for the left.

Comment

Anyone see a parallel between the NRA and congress? Misappropriations R Us.

Comment

Are you a member?

Comment

• BetteNoireX
                BetteNoireX commented
                Editing a comment
                Me? Was until some NRA shining star got a little too free with his hands. Post altercation it was suggested I don't come back. I pay my dues to the Audubon Society now.

Originally posted by reils49 View Post

That’s a 60 second google search. Feel free to look for yourself if you don’t believe any of it.

Please tell me how everything is great, when subpoenas are being served, you have a 6 figure daily legal bill, and the spending habits of your second in command could jeopardize your tax status? I’m curious.

I hope they clean house, the cause is too important, but if they let greed get in the way it’s just more ammunition for the left.
              I'm still a member and will continue simply for the cause because it is so important and they've done great work in the past.

I agree with Belle about the similarities with congress...….IMO a great help for both entities to get better would be term limits.
              Wayne Lapierre was once good for the NRA but I believe he feels he's more important than the 2nd amendment, now.
              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post

I'm still a member and will continue simply for the cause because it is so important and they've done great work in the past.

I agree with Belle about the similarities with congress...….IMO a great help for both entities to get better would be term limits.
                Wayne Lapierre was once good for the NRA but I believe he feels he's more important than the 2nd amendment, now.
                I was a member and quit after they ripped me off. Now I belong to GOA.

That’s exactly it. They could right this ship, but choose not too.

Comment

• Langford PR
                  Langford PR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GOA looks good, I'll join.

How did they “rip you off.”?

Comment

Several years ago I joined as an EPL member. They sent me a bill every month and I paid it. Then they sent me a notification to switch to direct deposit. I filled it out, sent it back and forgot about it. About 6 months go by, and I noticed I wasn’t getting my magazines every month.

I called them up and the guy tells me my EPL account was suspended for non payment. So I tell him I switched to direct deposit and their must have been an issue. I said I never got a letter. He says it’s not our problem, you didn’t pay for your EPL and your membership is suspended. I said I’ve been a member for years and never had a problem until now. He said you can either pay in full or not, but thats it. I saiwhat about the cash ai have already paid, do I get credit for that as a yearly member? No.

Is it my fault for not checking my direct deposit of 20 bucks a month? Yea. Do they have an issue in their customer service and billing department? You bet.

I didn’t like the customer service and I told the guy to pound sand. Funny thing is I still get weekly calls for donations.

I’ve been a member of the American Legion since 2002 and Life Member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars since 2006. Now a member of Gun Owners of America. Never had a problem.

Comment

I never joined the NRA, as I don't agree with everything they espouse. Then I had to join in order to join a local shooting club, with very nice ranges that were rehabbed in part with a NRA grant. Ok, so I get a monthly magazine, and free admission to a local gun show when I renew. Magazine has a couple gun articles and a LOT or propaganda. Got a contest going, win a new truck. Ok, so I try to enter....$10 a ticket, but no purchase necessary. For the free entry, read the fine print: Print out the form, Mail completed entries (with or without a contribution) in a #10 business envelope to: National Rifle Association of America, NRA Win This Truck Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 420....ad nauseum. Send the 10 bucks and easy peasy on line.

Seems like a money grab more and more.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8811 users online. 386 members and 8425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X