300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypochondriac

I hate it. I live each waking hour wondering/thinking that something is physically wrong with me.

Maybe it's because my blood pressure is borderline/high and I'm only 20 and no where near over weight.

Fugg.

Originally posted by Conner View Post
    I hate it. I live each waking hour wondering/thinking that something is physically wrong with me.

Maybe it's because my blood pressure is borderline/high and I'm only 20 and no where near over weight.

Fugg.

It could be emotion and physical STRESS- this can cause hypertension(add diet to that),physical fatigue,those nagging body /joint/back pains-now when you go to the doctors,doubtful they'll find anything-but if you give them the description they should be asking you more than just "where does it hurt?"- I had to eat lot of muscle relaxers(flexiril,etc) until a Dr suggested vacation,less party nites, enjoyable exercise........
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Ah man, that sucks. Maybe if you can get a complete workup at the doc (if you haven't done it yet), having the info is better than wondering, it just adds to the stress. My friend is 29 years old, female, size 4, 116 lbs, with a blood pressure of 140/110 at rest! Go figure, turns out its in her family genes. The doc advised her train for a marathon to bring it down. She's too young to be taking medication but she'll end up doing it if she doesn't up her activity level. Watch the salt in your diet and try other types of relaxation till you find what you like best.

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
        It could be emotion and physical STRESS- this can cause hypertension(add diet to that),physical fatigue,those nagging body /joint/back pains-now when you go to the doctors,doubtful they'll find anything-but if you give them the description they should be asking you more than just "where does it hurt?"- I had to eat lot of muscle relaxers(flexiril,etc) until a Dr suggested vacation,less party nites, enjoyable exercise........
        Absolutely!

Sunlite helps, too. Everyday. Stress has made me sick for many years. Sometimes i do need medication when it gets too bad, but i have tried to learn self-remedies along the way, too.

Comment

I was being told that my blood pressure was too high by the doc as well, but everytime I would check it at home it was normal. Went back to the doc to get my physical form signed to start the academy and it was borderline high again, well he tried putting me on blood pressure medication even after I told him when I check it at home it was normal. Went to a different doc, and they said I probably have white coat syndrome and get nervous or worked up when I am in the doc's office, might be something to check into.
          si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post

Fugg.
            You're in the Marines, of course there is something wrong with you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3575 users online. 233 members and 3342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X