Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off duty Holster for Glock27 .40

Hey fellow LEO's.
    Anyone have a suggestion for a good holster thats concealable with shorts and a plain t-shirt. i usually where a t-shirt and an untucked short sleeve button up shirt with shorts and 27 on the hip but sometimes I just want to wear a plain shirt. I bought a "in the pants holster" its nylon and only way that really works with a plain t-shirt is if it is facing into my crotch in front of angled towards my inner thigh and I really don't feel like losing a testicle of striking an artery if that baby was to discharge off of my clothing or something. I bought the in the pants holster thinking it would not poke up so much but its very obvious on the hip and even in front in bulges a little but isnt that bad but the whole idea of where it points doesnt sit well. If anyone can suggest one for a decent price please advise me, if it is $$ but it is the best thing since God created Police so Firemen can have heros then PLEASE lmk!
    STAY SAFE AND WEAR YOUR VEST!
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Take your pick..............

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blsetaho...FQmIhgodZzBCOw

http://www.desantisholster.com/

http://www.gearboxsales.com

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

http://www.holsters.com/
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I carry the Glock 23 off duty. The best way I've found is no holster and just wear it in the waistband. I have a Hogue grip on it,which is just a rubber slip on grip. It doesn't move or slip and is very concealable.
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

G27 Off duty

Originally posted by Kycop28 View Post
        Hey fellow LEO's.
        Anyone have a suggestion for a good holster thats concealable with shorts and a plain t-shirt. i usually where a t-shirt and an untucked short sleeve button up shirt with shorts and 27 on the hip but sometimes I just want to wear a plain shirt. I bought a "in the pants holster" its nylon and only way that really works with a plain t-shirt is if it is facing into my crotch in front of angled towards my inner thigh and I really don't feel like losing a testicle of striking an artery if that baby was to discharge off of my clothing or something. I bought the in the pants holster thinking it would not poke up so much but its very obvious on the hip and even in front in bulges a little but isnt that bad but the whole idea of where it points doesnt sit well. If anyone can suggest one for a decent price please advise me, if it is $$ but it is the best thing since God created Police so Firemen can have heros then PLEASE lmk!
        STAY SAFE AND WEAR YOUR VEST!
        I have a BLACKHAWK Serpa holster for m G27 and it's great. Comes with paddle and belt attachment so it's two holsters in one for less than $50. I loved it so much I got one for my 1911's and my J frame too.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

I use an uncle mike's paddle holster, and just wear my shirt untucked. I used an in-the-pants holster for awhile, but the 27 is just too fat to be comfortable (or maybe I am).

Comment

Good ole fashioned leather one that fits on the hip. I just wear a little bigger shirt in the summer time, or if its nice, a light jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
              I have a BLACKHAWK Serpa holster for m G27 and it's great. Comes with paddle and belt attachment so it's two holsters in one for less than $50. I loved it so much I got one for my 1911's and my J frame too.
              Blackhawks are great holsters - I have one and wear it in cooler weather, but they are not easily concealable with warm weather clothing (noticeable bulge).
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html

I use one of these with my G27. I have tried others, but return to this one. It's very concealable and comfortable for all day wear. They take a while to be made, but I think it's worth it. The only thing I've found more concealable is a clipdraw, but I get nervous with an unprotected trigger on the glock.

Comment

I carry mine in a Galco USA II. (USA stands for Ultimate Second Amendment)

Great little carry holster.
                  A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Milt Sparks Leather

Check out the Executive Companion. It's an inside the waistband holster and you need a belt, but it's very comfortable and the gun rides low on the belt line. Also, you can reholster with one hand as the mouth of the holster stays open after the gun is drawn. A real comfortable outside the pants rig is their Axiom. The gun is pulled in close to the waist, flat and you can remove the holster without removing the belt. http://www.miltsparks.com/
                    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I really like my Bianchi Snap-lock holster (model 84), which is about $60. I bought the one that fits both my off-duty G27 and my on-duty G22 so I could carry both. Otherwise the Blackhawks are pretty sweet for the price tag.

Comment

No one likes the Fobus holster? There seems to be a number of imitations around these days.

It has become my favorite way to carry a Glock even though I also use a DeSantis rig that is very similer to the Milt Sparks Summer Spl.
                        ...Know Fear...

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Boy View Post
                          No one likes the Fobus holster? There seems to be a number of imitations around these days.

It has become my favorite way to carry a Glock even though I also use a DeSantis rig that is very similer to the Milt Sparks Summer Spl.
                          Blackhawks are similar to the Fobus, but they also have a push button retention. Most of the guys with my department carried the fobus until the Blackhawk came out. And as already advised, you get a belt attachment and a paddle with the Blackhawk for around $50. The Blackhawk for the Glock 22 will also fit models 23 & 27.
                          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Boy View Post
                            No one likes the Fobus holster?.
                            I hate my Fobus holster. It cost double what a normal paddle holster costs, and it has these two annoying little spikes in the side that dig into my hip all friggin' day. I have to tighten the 'adjustable' parts all the time so my gun doesn't start rotating in cirlces on my hip.

Fobus = evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                              Blackhawks are similar to the Fobus, but they also have a push button retention. Most of the guys with my department carried the fobus until the Blackhawk came out. And as already advised, you get a belt attachment and a paddle with the Blackhawk for around $50. The Blackhawk for the Glock 22 will also fit models 23 & 27.
                              That's what I have for my Glock 22 off-duty. I just have the shirt untucked to cover the gun. It rides high enough that almost any t-shirt will cover it. And for those days I'm stuck in the station, I use the Black Hawk holster with the opposite side mag/tac light holster. Best invention for guns yet! (That is my opinion, and not the opinion of this station or it's sponsors)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2912 users online. 163 members and 2749 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X