300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili recipe

Anybody got a good chili recipe? I'm in the mood for chili. I always have it the same way. I like it hot! But I still want it to have some flavor. But hot!

Find and ask Buttercup...she's the gourmet
    Leave Space Empty

Comment

Oh where oh where is my buttercup?

Comment

Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN View Post
        Anybody got a good chili recipe? I'm in the mood for chili. I always have it the same way. I like it hot! But I still want it to have some flavor. But hot!
        If you promise to make it I'll get my mom's from her. It's amazing.

Comment

Bill Phillips has a good recipe in eating for life.. but its not really that ****y.

Comment

what did you to get censored?
            Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

s p i c e y? i dont know why that was censored.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                s p i c e y? i dont know why that was censored.
                The first four letters are an offensive ethnic slur.
                All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN View Post
                  Oh where oh where is my buttercup?
                  Someone looking for me?

Here's my recipe:

1 lb Ground beef or turkey

½c Diced onion

½ c Diced bell pepper

14.5oz Diced tomatoes (1 can)

15.5oz Small red beans (1 can)

29 oz Tomato sauce (1 large can)

2 Tomatillos, husked and chopped

4 oz Mushrooms, chopped

1 ½ c Hot water

2 TBS Beef bouillon (or 2-3 cubes)

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp Black pepper

¼ c Chili pepper, grd (not chili powder – not cayenne chili pepper)

¼ c Cumin, grd

¼ tsp Leaf oregano

3 TBS Garlic powder

1/8 c Brown sugar

3 tsp Cayenne pepper OR 1 TBS crushed red pepper seeds

1 Habanero or Serrano pepper, whole

Directions:
                  1. Brown ground beef or turkey, add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomatillo – cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
                  2. Add tomato sauce, beans, and tomatoes (do not drain).
                  3. Combine water and bouillon, add to pot along with other ingredients.
                  4. Stir to blend ingredients, adjust heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

NOTE: Bruise the habanero pepper before adding it to the pot. Just crush it gently with the edge of a knife or spoon, but not enough to break it open. That will release more of the flavor and heat as it’s cooking. You can also substitute beef broth for the hot water/bouillon combination.
                  All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup View Post
                    Someone looking for me?

Here's my recipe:

1 lb Ground beef or turkey

½c Diced onion

½ c Diced bell pepper

14.5oz Diced tomatoes (1 can)

15.5oz Small red beans (1 can)

29 oz Tomato sauce (1 large can)

2 Tomatillos, husked and chopped

4 oz Mushrooms, chopped

1 ½ c Hot water

2 TBS Beef bouillon (or 2-3 cubes)

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp Black pepper

¼ c Chili pepper, grd (not chili powder – not cayenne chili pepper)

¼ c Cumin, grd

¼ tsp Leaf oregano

3 TBS Garlic powder

1/8 c Brown sugar

3 tsp Cayenne pepper OR 1 TBS crushed red pepper seeds

1 Habanero or Serrano pepper, whole

Directions:
                    1. Brown ground beef or turkey, add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomatillo – cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
                    2. Add tomato sauce, beans, and tomatoes (do not drain).
                    3. Combine water and bouillon, add to pot along with other ingredients.
                    4. Stir to blend ingredients, adjust heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

NOTE: Bruise the habanero pepper before adding it to the pot. Just crush it gently with the edge of a knife or spoon, but not enough to break it open. That will release more of the flavor and heat as it’s cooking. You can also substitute beef broth for the hot water/bouillon combination.
                    That looks similar to my mother's.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post
                      That looks similar to my mother's.
                      What exactly are you trying to say, Conner, hmmm??? J/K

Most chili recipes have the same basic components (meat, chili pepper, garlic, tomatoes, etc.). The variables are the quantities of each ingredient, the type of meat used, whether or not beans are added, the vegetables used, flavoring components, the heat level, etc, and often there are regional preferences that come into play as well. As an example, Cincinnati style chili has a good amount of cinnamon and all****e in it, and in some areas black beans or kidney beans or some other type of bean is used instead of the small reds that I prefer.

Comment

Here's a previous thread containing a few chili recipes:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ighlight=chili

Comment

Thank you butter cup. Looks delicious. I'll try it this weekend. Can't have chili without some Jack and Coke And you know the old saying, "one's too many and twenty's not enough." That being said, I might getr in trouble for making chili and then coming in to work.

conner, what is your mom's recupe?

Why is ****e an offensive ethnic slur? I don't get it. So for example, if someone says, "I want to ****e up my love life" they can get in trouble? Now the correct way to say it would be, I want to properly season up my private time." Is that true?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8191 users online. 364 members and 7827 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                          X