300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Marcos, California info

I've been invited to an event in San Marcos, CA. I, most likely will be travelling solo, drats. It's one of my friend and co-workers' wedding and she moved there. Anyone know some info on the area, what to watch out for, areas to avoid? And PM me if you have info you'd rather not post publicly. Thanks.

San Marcos is pretty nice, were you looking for info on places to stay, or just general background?
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Mmm...if its a nice area, that's reassuring. The event is on 7/7/07, Saturday after July 4th, so I'm thinking SoCal will be packed that holiday weekend. I can either fly in, rent a hotel room near the airport and get a rental car or rent a hotel room near the event and just take a taxi. I'd like to know areas to avoid if I'm driving esp. at night after the wedding party. I usually ask for a rental car with a navigation system. That should help. But knowing my track record for missing freeway exits when driving in unfamiliar places, I'm hoping for some inside info.

Comment

San Marcos is north-east of San Diego, but it is easy access from the freeway. It is probably about 45 minutes away from the airport, depending on traffic, so if you don't want to deal with driving the day of the event, you might want to stay in San Marcos.

I'll do some checking around and PM you when I have better info.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I live (5) miles west of San Marcos. While there are less than stellar areas, I can't say there is anyplace I would worry about my wife/family driving thru at any time of the day. It's a typical bedroom/suburbia community and you won't find many hotels in town, maybe a few smaller ones. There's a Hampton Inn off Twin Oaks Valley that would be super easy to get to.

Since it's a summer weekend, hotel prices on the coast in Oceanside and Carlsbad will be high. Escondido, next town to the east (5 minutes tops) will have a bigger selection...Ramada, Motel 6, Econo Lodge, etc....

San Marcos is the fastest growing city up here in North County and the home prices are starting to show it. They have thrown alot of $$ at making the city nicer. On the south side of 78 between Rancho Sante Fe and San Marcos Blvd are (2) new "malls" (Nortdstrom Rack) and tons of food options.

My tip of the day though is to fly into Orange County and not San Diego. It;s the same distance (roughly) and alot nicer with less hassles due to crowds and traffic.
          "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6094 users online. 317 members and 5777 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X