X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reils49
    started a topic Green New Deal

Green New Deal

This is it folks, proof that liberalism really is a mental disorder.
    In what may be the most far-reaching proposal to ever be considered in Congress, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., unveiled her "Green New Deal" on Thursday -- a government-led overhaul of virtually every aspect of American life that would guarantee a host of taxpayer-covered benefits for all and phase out fossil fuels.

• Jane Q Public
    replied
    I'm convinced she and the idiots like who who think that this proposal is at all realistic got an education by watching Duck Tales, wherein the wealthy uncle doesn't do anything to earn his wealth, he just has this magical vault of gold coins that he can swim in.

Leave a comment:

• roadrunner5877
    replied
    here in MN we had and have some dumb ones too

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    You elect a Barista, that’s what you get.

Leave a comment:

• roadrunner5877
    replied
    she is amusing and entertaining and Im sure NY loves her

Leave a comment:

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
    replied
    No free rides.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    commented on 's reply
    "This suicidal generation appears to completely disavow common sense, reality and history."

Well said......sadly

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by reils49 View Post

You and me both! She’s a prime example of how an otherwise beautiful state has been ruined. We have the highest exodus of residents in the country, to the point that politicians are concerned we might lose seats in the house and federal funding. When I retire I’m out too!
    I'm here in Illinois, I think we give you a guys run for your money as far as the bold statement goes.

Leave a comment:

• angeredmgmt
    replied
    What is sad is that she and the other two are getting so much undeserved press. They get their idiotic message out that way, and it sadly falls on the ears of the mind-numbed who not only consider the load of crap but begin embracing it. This suicidal generation appears to completely disavow common sense, reality and history.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    Originally posted by reils49 View Post

You and me both! She’s a prime example of how an otherwise beautiful state has been ruined. We have the highest exodus of residents in the country, to the point that politicians are concerned we might lose seats in the house and federal funding. When I retire I’m out too!
    Elections do have consequences and for those people who scoff that this nation can't fail and fall......they aren't paying attention.

I have to admit I chuckled at this the other day.....everyone else doesn't subsidize NY spending and NOW they want the rich to stay!?!?

…......how rich! (pun intended)
    New York State is facing a $2.3 billion budget deficit, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo believes it's largely due to the Trump administration's tax reforms which, on the "flip side," have taxed the rich and may be encouraging wealthy residents to leave. 
    Last edited by Langford PR; 02-09-2019, 06:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    reils -- Go pick up some overtime. People are counting on your money.
    You aren’t kidding. Look at this news today: NYS has a $2.3 billion deficit and they want to give inmates a pay raise.

Last year we watched as Herman Bell, a 3 time cop killer, was paroled and allowed to vote... 2017 they paroled John Ruzas who murdered a fellow trooper.

Every day day Tennessee looks more and more appealing.

ALBANY - A Democratic proposal to increase the pay of New York's prison inmates to at least $3 per hour is prompting outrage from some Republican lawmakers. Inmates in New York are among the nation's lowest paid, earning an average of 62 cents per hour, according to a study from the Prison Policy Institute. The proposed legislation would give the state six months to implement the higher minimum wage for the work inmates perform, including custodial and food services, and the manufacture of license plates, clothing and office supplies.

Leave a comment:

• PtownVAMike
    replied
    GND should be renamed "Green (With Envy) New Deal"!

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    reils -- Go pick up some overtime. People are counting on your money.

Leave a comment:

• SOCAleo
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
    Her idea of trains across the oceans shows just how damn stupid she is...It would almost be impossible to build rail lines thousands of miles over the ocean...
    That's why I call her Occasional Cortex. But I'm beginning to think her cortex isn't even occasional.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12048 users online. 482 members and 11566 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X