300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast Guard Food Drive

I saw a flyer for a Coast Guard Food drive advertised to help with grocery items for the Coast Guard members that are not being paid. The Food Drive is not very close. Does anyone have any information of how to find local food donation drop offs for the Coast Guard?

I was in the Coast Guard before becoming a cop. If you are in the bay (Baysidegal) meaning bay area (in California) there are numerous Coast Guard units in the surrounding area, such as Sector San Francisco, ISC Alameda, Coast Guard Island etc. etc. Look up the unit closest to you on the internet and then look for the units Ombudsman, they should be able to take your donations and give them out accordingly. Another option, if you are not close to any Coast Guard units, is to give financial donations to the Coast Guard Foundation. Here is a link below:

https://coastguardfoundation.org/new...w-you-can-help

I can personally vouch for this foundation. It is well run and truly helps Coastie's in need. They are helping feed families as I type this. They also give out scholarships to Coast Guard members and their families, very good foundation.

One last option, the local area Red Cross, which is another great non profit that had helped me out while I was serving. They too will ensure your donation goes to the right place.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Comment

Also if I might add, thank you very much baysidegal for caring, although I'm no longer in the Coast Guard, it means a lot to all who are serving.

Again, thank you. Wish there were more like you out there.

Comment

Coast Guard Families are suffering. I'm a reservist and see it firsthand. I would encourage participation in the food drive. I would also encourage writing your representatives to address the issue of guardsman not being exempt during a shutdown

Comment

I salute the Admiral for his honesty!
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• m.p.c
            m.p.c commented
            Editing a comment
            He is very well liked, especially be the reservists

Are other military branches affected or just the Coast Guard?

Comment

Just the Coasties. DOD is funded.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
              I saw a flyer for a Coast Guard Food drive advertised to help with grocery items for the Coast Guard members that are not being paid. The Food Drive is not very close. Does anyone have any information of how to find local food donation drop offs for the Coast Guard?
              Where did you see this?

I would contact the respective Congress representative for that base/ community and send the same letter/ poster to both Senators from that state. Make sure you send a copy of the CG food drive poster to all of them.

And then contribute to the food drive (I can't believe I am typing this about American workers in the 21st century)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5365 users online. 229 members and 5136 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X