300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government Shutdown and Welfare Benefit Shopping Spree

I was in a discount grocery store purchasing a few items. There was a lady behind me with a cart overflowing with food. She had so much food that she couldn't fit it all in the cart. She was placing some of her many items on the belt and said to the cashier "I am back". The cashier asked her why she was buying so much food.... She said its not just you, it is everyone today..... The customer replied that "we got out benefits early and needed more food because people in her house eat a lot more at night when they have the munchies from smoking weed". The cashier didn't hear all that but meant that people that got their government food benefits early are spending all of them now and she didn't understand why they are using them all up right now? She said it doesn't make any sense.

Another lady in line commented on how she couldn't believe how much food this lady had. I said well she better cut back on the weed or they are going to run out of food. The Cashier said, Is that why she said she is buying so much food? I didn't hear that. She just shook her head.

Thought I would share.....

Then when they run out of welfare money, they’ll fatten up on Free Cheese and blame us for their high blood pressure and fat, lazy, thug life kids.

Should have to be cut and tied to get welfare.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Do they still give out free cheese?

Comment

Until next month...then they are shutting all of it down. Food riots will be fun to watch. I hope the Roof Koreans are arming up.

Comment

• Langford PR
          Langford PR commented
          Editing a comment
          KaBOOM……….

Did they buy a dozen bags of these? I hear they're THE BEST to satisfy your marijuana munchies.

Comment

• Baysidegal
          Baysidegal commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that!

• CCCSD
          CCCSD commented
          Editing a comment
          Classic!!!

Believe it or not it was mostly fruit juice mix and frozen breakfast sausage.

Comment

• RGDS
          RGDS commented
          Editing a comment
          Fruit JUICE mix or fruit DRINK mix?

That makes a difference.

I buy my frozen breakfast sausage at the dollar store. It’s literally the same stuff they sell at the major chain grocery store.

• Baysidegal
          Baysidegal commented
          Editing a comment
          Fruit juice MIX. They had about 12 of them.

Staples of the unwashed ilk...

Comment

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
          Believe it or not it was mostly fruit juice mix and frozen breakfast sausage.
          Originally posted by RGDS
          Fruit JUICE mix or fruit DRINK mix?

That makes a difference.

Was it this stuff?

Comment

• Baysidegal
            Baysidegal commented
            Editing a comment
            Its a step up from Gin and Juice.

Bwahahahaha! Nimt you’re killing me!

Comment

Apparently Welfare Food card holders were told that they had to use up their benefits because supermarkets were going to start refusing the cards. That is why everyone went to the grocery store in a panic. I guess the weed smokers got so high they convinced themselves they needed to stock up on perishable food so they wouldn't go munchie-less.

Comment

They were instructed to purchase foods that would last and be healthy. Apparently, they, as usual, bought stupid. About time they got cut off the dole. Now they can work for it like everyone else..
              Last edited by CCCSD; 01-22-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Baysidegal
                Baysidegal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that is doubtful. Its funny that I see tons of people in the grocery store and it seems like 2 out of 5 have the access card. I would probably feel a little embarrassed if I had an access card. I don't qualify for any public assistance so I can load up on the munchie stuff and the fruit punch.

Meanwhile Federal LEOs aren't getting paid...

Gotta love the free handouts

I have no issue with those needing assistance or other social programs. People hit tough times and deserve the benefits they pay into. It's disgusting how blatant the fraud and abuse is. I've said it a million times, the criminal justice system is way too soft on white collar crime.

I wish the government would revamp the system, but that would be throwing away votes

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
                Meanwhile Federal LEOs aren't getting paid...

Gotta love the free handouts

I have no issue with those needing assistance or other social programs. People hit tough times and deserve the benefits they pay into. It's disgusting how blatant the fraud and abuse is. I've said it a million times, the criminal justice system is way too soft on white collar crime.

I wish the government would revamp the system, but that would be throwing away votes
                I agree the system is screwed up. IMO, a big part of the problem is the outrageous cost of healthcare, child care and college.

A (previously hard-working) friend of mine fell on some hard times due to no fault of her own (laid off, health issues, husband ran off) and went on public assistance. She figured it would be just temporary until she could get back on her feet. Well, when she looked into re-entering the work force she realized that now she would have to pay for 1) full-time childcare for her youngest child, 2) part-time childcare for her middle child, 3) college tuition for her oldest child, 4) health insurance for a family of four. She did the math and figured out that she would be working 40 hours a week and end up with only $250 more (the equivalent of 6.25/hour)...all while having strangers take care of her kids. Honestly, I can't blame her for saying HELL NO to that.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

I agree the system is screwed up. IMO, a big part of the problem is the outrageous cost of healthcare, child care and college.

A (previously hard-working) friend of mine fell on some hard times due to no fault of her own (laid off, health issues, husband ran off) and went on public assistance. She figured it would be just temporary until she could get back on her feet. Well, when she looked into re-entering the work force she realized that now she would have to pay for 1) full-time childcare for her youngest child, 2) part-time childcare for her middle child, 3) college tuition for her oldest child, 4) health insurance for a family of four. She did the math and figured out that she would be working 40 hours a week and end up with only $250 more (the equivalent of 6.25/hour)...all while having strangers take care of her kids. Honestly, I can't blame her for saying HELL NO to that.
                  oof, thats rough. It's hard to break into the workforce in general let alone with a gap in employment. Recruiters/ employers put WAY to much emphasis on that one factor alone. Best of luck to your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
                    Do they still give out free cheese?
                    That was the best cheese out there, 5 lb. blocks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5904 users online. 198 members and 5706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X